How to Install all packages at once?

r1ckyr4y

Not the modules, But I only have 200 out of 4500 packages installed. There has to be a way to download them all at once instead of clicking on each one after another. 

I'm new to the Pineapple and would like to see about converting some open source enumeration tools from Kali into modules for the Pineapple? Can somebody point me in the right direction for that please? Thank You.

I'm not sure why you'd like to install all 4500, but I guess you could script it. Use "opkg update; opkg list" to list all available packages, the filter out any packages that begin with "kmod", then write them to a file. Then you can write a small bash script to loop through each line in the file and "opkg install $line".

Note that you will run out of storage trying to install all of them, 4500 is **a lot** of packages.'

As for writing modules, we have some documentation including an intro guide on the Developer Docs.

So wait, what is the point of the packages if were not supposed to install them all? Are they only for certain modules or if were creating a module? I apologize for my ignorance but I am new to the Pineapple and wanting to get more adept. 

On 11/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, r1ckyr4y said:

So wait, what is the point of the packages if were not supposed to install them all? Are they only for certain modules or if were creating a module? I apologize for my ignorance but I am new to the Pineapple and wanting to get more adept. 

Packages are bundled software. There's a lot of software for a lot of different use cases. You only need to install what you need.

Archived