setting up a C2 on a raspberry pi4

crshovride85

Well hello there I just want to add this is my first post ever and that I am beginner noob in cyber sec and have 5 years in satellite communications and network operations from Army and i havent been in the army for awhile so with that being said my knowledge of linux is limited but I am learning as much as possible everyday. Now then I have followed the instructions for the amazon aws setup and worked just fine so i thought i try and setup a cloud server on my rpi since its essentially the same ubuntu server format on the aws site. 

Im pretty sure most of yall are going to tell me that this is dumb and you wouldn't want it setup on my home network however i wanna expierment and get more familar with setting this type of stuff up so i figured why not? any help would be greatly apperciated and be nice its my first time trying this out and its been awhile since my networking skills have been put to test thanks in advance.

What steps are you having issues with? Setting up C2 on an RPi isn't difficult at all. The "big" question is how you want to be able to reach it. If it's local access only, then it's straight forward (it's how I set up mine, but that setup is just for lab scenarios). But if you want to access it from the internet, you need to expose it to the "outside". That, however, is not really within the scope of setting up C2 itself to make it run on an RPi.

Well i guess to answer your big question i would need a little more knowledge  lol. Dare i say i am not dumb just not familiar with things and dont have a team to rely on when i didnt know stuff so  bear with me if i seem like imbeicile. Well i just kinda followed the instructions from the youtube video and i saw the files were downloaded and all that jazz i set the rpi up with a static ip because i felt that is probably the right thing.....i guess....maybe.....i dunno..... but when using the amazon aws stuff wehn you run the bash command it tells you what your static ip address and then boom tyou type the static ip into the web address bar then boom its tiem to setup. Why doesnt it tell me what my static ip address is.....do i type the the static ip address into the web address and then should get the cloud c2 set up and this is just for in home lab purposes to learn how to use this stuff get familiar with it so i dont believe i want it touching the the outside internet just the inside

OK, well, first of all, there is no need to feel bad about lack of knowledge. We are all beginners some time. I'm a beginner every single day and learn things constantly. Secondly, if you don't want to access the C2 from the internet and just use it on a LAN, then it's no big deal to get it working. But, I'm heading into a meeting right now so I don't have time, but I'll post some kind of "how to" a bit later if you haven't already gotten help from someone else.

Archived