reverse_tcp on remote network?

smurfexe

hello, ive done reverse_tcps on my local network alot but is there a way to do it from a diffrent pc? lets say my friend what do i need to get a connection? and how does it work with private ip and public do i use public and tell it to route to my pc?

In a reverse connection, the target is connecting back to you so the have to be able to reach your listener. That means you need to set up whatever routing and NAT is required to make this happen.

It depends what their firewall is doing. If it allows all outbound connections then they don't need to disable anything, if it blocks things then they might need to.

okay so to set this up i would open a port on my router 8888 then make sure everything going to that port needs to be directed to my private ip. then LHOST is my public ip and LPORT would be 8888 then? right? or am i missing something

If you have problems, use netcat to set up a listener on your end and see if the other computer can connect to it with netcat. If they can't then routing is messed up.

hello so i tried to do it but when it runs i dont get a connection. when i use metasploit and do run is say handler failed to bind to (public ip):6969 and when i use my private ip there are no errors but it doesnt make a connection

If netcat can't connect then you've got something messed up in either NAT or routing.

Metasploit won't bind to your public IP if that isn't an IP on your local machine as it doesn't know which interface to bind to, you bind it to the IP that the NAT rule comes in to.

Forget Metasploit for now, get it working with netcat, then move back to Metasploit

Archived