Can't connect to Shark Jack out of the box

black_wolf

I just received my shark jack yesterday. I know it comes with an nmap payload installed. I fully charged it before using it. I went to test it on my network and the attack went fine, I think. It flashed until it was done and then I took it out like the instructions say. My problem is with trying to connect to it. I can't connect to it at all. I'm using the IP address given. I read that it should start a dhcp and assign my pc an address to talk with it and it never happened so I changed my address myself and still couldn't connect. I've tried on my windows system, kali machine on virtual box with a windows host, and on my kali 2020 os. None of them can find the shark jack. I can't ping it or anything. I have NOT tried flashing firmware. I didn't want to do that and mess up a warranty if this falls under a warranty issue. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Try to avoid involving any virtual environment in arming mode before you know that it actually works with a "real life" computer. Disable all other network interfaces so that the network that the Shark offers is the only network that the computer can see/connect to.

I'm wondering if I need to flash firmware. I bought a rubber ducky at the same time and the payload wouldn't run whenever I first plugged in the usb. I had to push the button in order to start the payload. I worked through flashing firmware to it and the ducky works fine now. Think I might have that same kind of issue with the shark?

It's possible that a firmware recovery might solve it. Sounds a bit strange though that it should be needed, but if such a simple and basic thing as getting access to the Shark doesn't seem to work, maybe it's the way to go. I've never had such issues with my Shark, but if I had tried all possible (and logic) ways to solve the problem, I would do a firmware recovery to try to get it working.

Sorry for the late response. Been a busy weekend. But I'll give that a try. It's the only thing I could think of that would help me after trying what I did but I wanted to ask someone before I did. Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know how it goes

So I still couldn't connect when I inserted the shark into my ethernet jack on my machine. I got a wild hair and took my usb-c to ethernet adapter from another machine and tried it that way and I was able to select the shark's network. So I didn't have to flash firmware. I wonder why it won't connect in my ethernet card. But as of now I'm good to go with the adapter. Thanks for your help

Archived