Has the MK7AC been released yet?

Aaron Outhier

Hello, I am wondering if the 802.11AC module has been released and is out of stock, or has it not yet been released at all? If the latter, have you just been busy with other things, and not had time to invest thus far, or have you encountered difficulties getting it launched?

Also, is it going to require soldering or voided warranty, like with the Kismet Mods? I would love a simple plug-in solution that is discrete and doesn't fill the USB port. I've already bought an Alfa AWUS036ACH WiFi AC module, even before the Mark VII was announced. I planned to use it with Kali, but since it works with the MK7, I'll try it out. I'm going to be ordering an Mk7 soon. Need to put some cash into the bank first.

• 2 months later...

Yes, Hak5 any update would be great.  I'm holding off buying one until I know how it will integrate.  Will the ac module work for all three radios or just one?  Also will the module fit inside the case?  I read it will connect to the USB port

14 hours ago, Ughcomeon said:

Yes, Hak5 any update would be great.  I'm holding off buying one until I know how it will integrate.  Will the ac module work for all three radios or just one?  Also will the module fit inside the case?  I read it will connect to the USB port

From Darren in another thread..The MK7AC module will have two of its own dual band antennas as it will support 2:2 MIMO. 

Archived