Meterpreter Upload Error : [-] 4: Operation failed: 1

Hacky13

NOTE : THIS IS COMPLETELY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES AND I AM NOT TRYING TO HACK ANY DEVICE RIGHT NOW TO CREATE PROBLEM FOR SOMEONE .THE PHONE I AM TRYING TO EXPLOIT IS MY OWN SECOND DEVICE.

I'm working with metasploit on TERMUX.

So, My meterpreter session is open . I am able to access the SDCARD of the phone I am trying to exploit, but everytime I need to exploit the device, one needs to tap the app icon everytime for my meterpreter session to start. I want to create my payload persistent . So that, I don't have to wait for the user of the device to tap the icon again .

So , I successfully created a bash file through "nano" which is named "syslogs.sh" and is placed in my sdcard. It works completely fine ; It contacts the device for my meterpreter session to start after a delay of every 20 seconds.

So, I want to upload my syslogs.sh file from my SDCARD to sdcard of the device which I'm trying to exploit ; but it's just not happening!.

I am getting an error like this >>>>> [-] 4 : Operation failed: 1

You can refer this image here . you can see here that I've also tried adding backslashes but it didn't seem to work. The location of my file is absolutely fine

If someone wants to exactly know what I'm trying to implement they can check this . 

I've honestly tried searching for solutions , I've seen previous solutions and posted my question on subreddits, stackoverflow, github but I'm not getting anything . I am really positive that you can guys can help me.

I would highly appreciate ANY KIND OF SUGGESTION .

I am absolutely new to this forum so if I've posted something wrong or I'm at a wrong place you can always let me know and I'll delete this post.

Hoping for your replies.

HERE IS WHAT I TRIED

Is there a way to check for stack trace or log files? I tried to find them..but i was unsuccessful

typed "pwd" to know my current location and it was

/data/user/0/com.metasploit.stage/files

Then I went to this location by using "cd" and searched for files.. but I got nothing!

I am open to suggestions! tell me if i did something wrong

I guess I found the solution now the file wasn't getting uploaded because I was trying to exploit a device having an "android version 6" I tried it in a device with android version 9 and it worked. So maybe metasploit does not support some versions of android.

I appreciate all your efforts to help me solve this issue

BUT I STILL THINK THAT THIS THREAD SHOULD NOT BE CLOSED BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY ASTOUNDING A FILE TRANSFER USING UPLOAD COMMMAND IS NOT GETTING EXECUTED IN METASPLOIT . 

AND THE PHONE THAT I AM TRYING TO EXPLOIT IS IN ANDROID VERSION 6

• 1 month later...

Hola buenas noches bro, Hacky13, Gracias por la info, entonces el metasploit 6.0.1 para arriba, no es compatible con laa versiones de android 6 para abajo. Y tiene razon porque he tenido el mismo problema y no descarga ni sube archivos desde el meterpreter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys this is manjunath.I have similar issue and i have done some testing.

Am working on Metasploit framework installed on 3 devices.
1.Windows 10.
2.Nethunter OS on android
3.Kali linux virtual machine (Bridge network mode)

And

I have one more Android device(remote) where msf payload is injected for testing purpose.Lets call it "device B"

All devices are on same LAN network with IPs 192.168.#.#.

Meterpreter session successfully opens on all 3 devices(nerhunter,windows,kali linux).

I can browse files and folders during sessions.

But while uploading and downloading files to remote android device(B) during session, only my nethunter device successfully does the job, but windows and kali linux cannot and throws error below
[4]: operation failed: [1]

Why uploading and downloading is successful on nethunter on android.. and why it is failing on windows and kali linux virtual machine during meterpreter sessions.

Below is the framework.log file for reference.
https://gist.github.com/manjunath7472/ab015e565de9df06a404eb6a26c2023a

I think its not issue with Android version of victim or payload,but the OS or network settings itself.

Kindly someone check the log above for reference.

Archived