Problem in running the AutoSSH modules

Ict

Hi

I want to run AutoSSH but I encounter a few problems :

* The Lan turtle is updated. version 6.2

1- I cant select the Autossh module after configuration of it!!!that a * marker singe should be select that!!!but nothing Happend...what should I do? (I have this problem for selecting all of my modules)

2- and Also I cant Stop the status of that , It is always enable.what should I do?

2 - about key manager module : look at the photo named key manager 1. what is that error mean?and the other key manager photos, what should I do to run this module?

* I use the Lan turtle key manager and commands to gen the key and copy that but I didn't have any success to access it over Autossh module.

thanks

I have found that it always works best if you start with dropping out of the Turtle and getting to a shell. Then you can ssh to the server using the cert you generated. If it doesn't work you can re run it with a -vvv in it to give you lots of details. After getting it working there I find the rest works. 

8 hours ago, Audrick said:

I have found that it always works best if you start with dropping out of the Turtle and getting to a shell. Then you can ssh to the server using the cert you generated. If it doesn't work you can re run it with a -vvv in it to give you lots of details. After getting it working there I find the rest works. 

Thanks 

I did it (dropping out of the Turtle and getting to a shell) alot but No response !!!

But I have some Problem That I mentioned .

1-  My Key manager current status don't Change to start!!!

2 - Could you please explain the -vvv that you mentioned?

3- Did you see the Attachments files? I can't select the modules that I saw in the videos (I mean I can't check mark them with x)

Im not clear about your no response from shell. Using the command prompt are you able to ssh to your server using the cert the Turtle Key Manager made for you. It would look something like this "ssh me@myserver.com -i ~/.ssh/rsa" If that doesn't work you could put the -vvv after ssh and you would see a lot of info. It could help you find the error. I have noticed a lot of people mentioning trouble with the GUI in Turtle version 6.0 and up. I have mine working but I don't see the star next to it that I would expect. None the less its working. 

No I didn't download your zip file from the hacker website to look at your screen shots. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 9.57.17 AM.png

On 1/31/2020 at 9:29 PM, Audrick said:

Im not clear about your no response from shell. Using the command prompt are you able to ssh to your server using the cert the Turtle Key Manager made for you. It would look something like this "ssh me@myserver.com -i ~/.ssh/rsa" If that doesn't work you could put the -vvv after ssh and you would see a lot of info. It could help you find the error. I have noticed a lot of people mentioning trouble with the GUI in Turtle version 6.0 and up. I have mine working but I don't see the star next to it that I would expect. None the less its working. 

No I didn't download your zip file from the hacker website to look at your screen shots. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 9.57.17 AM.png

1501891425_Autossh1.thumb.jpg.0e7a782a7b0654e62184208dcbd391bf.jpg

2253764_Autossh2.thumb.jpg.1d58ceae05deb8624924076f95109803.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures. It allows me to still be paranoid. 

On my turtle the Module Keymanager never says started. That module doesn't need to be running to have worked. The screen shot looks correct to my eyes. The Keymanager makes a public and private key pair. You will use the private key on your turtle and pub key on your VPS to connect. Then when you connect from your vps you will connect to your turtle you will type something like ssh root@localhost -p 2222 -I ~/.ssh/rsa and you will end up on your turtle. 

So if you exit the Turtle Gui and end up at a prompt. You should be able to type ssh you@xxx.xxx.xxx.135 -i ~/.ssh/rsa and connect to your server. That will confirm that your turtle pub key is in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on your vps. If it fails please type the same command but start with ssh -vvv you@.... any errors will tell us where its going wrong. 

Also you will need to change the ssh command with the proper user name and ip. I would also double check the name of the key. I used custom ones so I don't recall what the real name is. 

I hope that helps. Keep trying. It gets easier. 

7 hours ago, Audrick said:

Thanks for posting the pictures. It allows me to still be paranoid. 

On my turtle the Module Keymanager never says started. That module doesn't need to be running to have worked. The screen shot looks correct to my eyes. The Keymanager makes a public and private key pair. You will use the private key on your turtle and pub key on your VPS to connect. Then when you connect from your vps you will connect to your turtle you will type something like ssh root@localhost -p 2222 -I ~/.ssh/rsa and you will end up on your turtle. 

So if you exit the Turtle Gui and end up at a prompt. You should be able to type ssh you@xxx.xxx.xxx.135 -i ~/.ssh/rsa and connect to your server. That will confirm that your turtle pub key is in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on your vps. If it fails please type the same command but start with ssh -vvv you@.... any errors will tell us where its going wrong. 

Also you will need to change the ssh command with the proper user name and ip. I would also double check the name of the key. I used custom ones so I don't recall what the real name is. 

I hope that helps. Keep trying. It gets easier. 

Thank you Dear Audrick

I try to connect to my turtle from my VPS with this command ssh root@localhost -p 2222 -I ~/.ssh/rsa but nothing hapend and I couldn't connect to my turtle.

1.jpg.d85c261565ae4a00891fc2f4af614e81.jpg

But with port 22 I can Connect to my VPs not Turtle!!!

these are the step by step work that I did :

1- In key Manager I generate the key and copy that to my VPS with port 22 and administrator user

2- then in autossh module : administrator@my vps Ip and set the ports.

3- I disconnect the lan turtle and connect it again

4- I go to my VPS and Try to SSH to my turtle

5- I try this commands  ssh administrator@localhost -p 22 -I ~/.ssh/rsa the enter my VPS Password and ssh is complete to my VPS

6 - Then I use this command in the turtle terminal  to connect to my server ssh administrator@xxx.xxx.xxx.135 -i ~/.ssh/rsa the result is okay and I can able to connect my VPS from turtle terminal

***maybe the problem is using ~ in this command : ssh administrator@xxx.xxx.xxx.135 -i ~/.ssh/rsa

7- But I cant connect to my Turtle from my VPS!!!!

Is that Clear that what is my problem?

My VPS is windows server 2012

**what is the command of SSH that I should type in my cmd of win VPS?(which Ip should I use, the local Ip of lan that i try to ssh to it or the VPS Ip?what about the user?should I use root or administrator ?)

*****I have the same problem to run the OpenVPN module too*** I will appreciate you to help me to run it too.

Thanks

2.jpg.a85ba812222ea804effe8ff7d92b3548.jpg3.jpg.7d24994e9b48cf98625e9806bd2ec491.jpg

i use my password But nothing happend.

I have never done this to a Windows VPS. So some of this may not help at all. When I setup my turtle I setup my port 22 as the ssh port that I connect to my vps on. Then I set the remote port 2222 and that is the shell port I I'll use to connect to from my vps. So from VPS I would ssh root@localhost -p 2222 -i ~/.ssh/rsa. But before I would do that I would check the connection from the turtle to the VPS by running the this command on the VPS. netstat -lt4 The L is listening T is tcp and the 4 ip 4. When I run it on my VPS I get a list of ports. When the turtle is connected I see 2222 in the list.  This is the one that means that turtle connected.

tcp        0      0 localhost:2222          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

If I don't see that in the list I know that I have dome something wrong on the first half. Turtle connection to the VPS. If I see that and can't connect then I am doing something wrong on the second half. Connecting back to the turtle.

I don't have access to windows box right now to check for the same commands. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.24.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.32.48 PM.png

Archived