Insight

K4xki

I’m just wondering what are some things I can do to prove that someone has put malicious software on to my computer and uses it to spy on where and what I do.  I have an idea of who it might be but I have no solid proof of anything, well I do but I don’t have the knowledge to retrace the steps if you know what I mean....any ideas would be appreciated!  Thanks

Well, you could use an usb stick and start spybot search and destroy

Check open ports using netstat -an

check all the installed software

check all the services

From another machine scan the machine with nmap

check for a keylogger 

On 1/24/2020 at 4:56 AM, K4xki said:

prove that someone has put malicious software on to my computer and uses it to spy on where and what I do.

As in someone you know?  What is giving you the idea you are being spied on?  Finding it is not to big of deal but figuring out who is another thing.  There are ways to do so. 

And the likely hood is high that a system has something like this on it.  For example tracking cookies do exactly what you are describing.  There are many sites that try to use these for targeted marketing, links, etc.

Need to monitor web traffic and check for open ports.  Depending on the person's skills, if done sloppy, it will stick out like a sore thumb that you are being tracked.

Archived