Teething Problems

cjhermann

Having issues getting up and running with the screen crab.
With default everything (from a blank sd card), It only seems to capture for about a minute (usually 12 or 13 images)  before the freezing up.
There's no indication that it's frozen (LED stays blue), but pressing the button seems to have no effect, and when I power off the device and check the LOOT folder, there's only a minutes worth of images, regardless how long it was connected and powered on.

So that was on default config.
I also tried adding wifi to the config.txt and adding a device.config to connect to C2 - same thing happens. the streamed images come in, but only for 1 min, then nothing.

Before you ask, I've tried more than one sd card, more than one power supply (not a phone charger) and more than one type of target device.
Has anyone else had issues with theirs freezing?

@cjhermann I have reached out to you directly from our ticket support to resolve the issue.

If anyone is experiencing a similar issue, please reach out to us directly at https://shop.hak5.org/contact

This behavior can be verified by adding the following line to config.txt

DEBUG_LOG ON

This will create a debug.log file on the root of the SD card, which will be helpful in diagnosing any potential issues with your device.

@Darren Kitchen Thanks for reaching out, I really appreciate you responding so quickly and in person.

The log file ends abruptly with no sign of trouble:

C2Run:	 EXORTING LOOT /storage/5D69-0221/LOOT/170.jpg|POST:	 C2 LOOT SUCCESS|C2Run:	 EXPORT COMPLETE|CaptureThread:	 capture interval 10000ms|CaptureThread:	 Time spent capturing 3144ms|CaptureThread:	 Capture sleep 6856ms|GET:	 C2 GET COMPLETE|C2Run:	 C2 Update Device State|Util:	 exec [cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/statistics/rx_bytes]|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateexit value: 0|
Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateshell output : 445142|Util:	 exec [cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/statistics/tx_bytes]|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateexit value: 0|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateshell output : 13715916|Util:	 exec [ifconfig wlan0 | grep inet addr | cut -d: -f2 | busybox awk {print ;}]|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateexit value: 0|
Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateshell output : 10.1.1.106|C2Device:	 SEND C2 MINIMAL|C2Run:	 C2 Send Update|POST:	 C2 POST SUCCESS|GET:	 C2 GET COMPLETE|C2Run:	 C2 Update Device State|Util:	 exec [cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/statistics/rx_bytes]|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateexit value: 0|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateshell output : 448929|Util:	 exec [cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/statistics/tx_bytes]|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateexit value: 0|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateshell output : 13717069|Util:	 exec [ifconfig wlan0 | grep inet addr | cut -d: -f2 | busybox awk {print ;}]|
CaptureThread:	 50103 captures avail|Util:	 exec [source /system/bin/crab && get_next_capture]|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateexit value: 0|Util:	 C2DeviceUpdateshell output : 10.1.1.106|C2Device:	 SEND C2 MINIMAL|C2Run:	 C2 Send Update|Util:	 GetNextCapexit value: 0|Util:	 GetNextCapshell output : /storage/5D69-0221/LOOT/171|CaptureThread:	 Capture Request Sent/storage/5D69-0221/LOOT/171.jpg|Mirror:	 REQUEST RECEIVED|
Mirror:	 WAITING FOR CAPTURE TO COMPLETE|POST:	 C2 POST SUCCESS|Mirror:	 WRITING CAPTURE TO SD|Mirror:	 CAPTURE COMPLETE788ms|Mirror:	 Response sent:/storage/5D69-0221/LOOT/171.jpg|CaptureThread:	 Response:/storage/5D69-0221/LOOT/171.jpg|Util:	 exec [source /system/bin/crab && has_signal_log]|Util:	 NoSignalLog shell exited value: 0|

That's the last entry rather than the whole log file.
This time the Crab captured 13 jpgs, which is consistent with what it's done most other times - the loot count is only up to 170 because of all the testing I've done.

Let me know if the whole log file is useful.

@cjhermann

apologies for the late reply. I opened a ticket with you based on your forums email address which corresponds with your shop email address and has a recent order for a Screen Crab. I believe we've corresponded over the issue - but if I'm mistaken please simply open a ticket from https://shop.hak5.org/pages/support

Archived