ssid seen as open

notoftenout

I added my ssid (eg. MyWifi) to filters BUT on my clients (eg. iphone) see it as an open network: the original one is Encryption: WPA2, Cypher: CCMP, Auth: PSK. 
On the iPhone i see 2 wifi networks with MyWifi ssid:

• one named MyWifi, with the padlock icon, telling me it's protected, the original one 
  • a second one with the same name MyWifi, but WITHOUT the padlock icon, separated in another list name "public networks"

I don't think in this case the clients will connect to the second one (the open one) because it's different, event if it has the same ssid

How can I present Wifipineapple NANO wifi networks exacly as the original MyWifi network?

5 hours ago, notoftenout said:

How can I present Wifipineapple NANO wifi networks exacly as the original MyWifi network?

PineAP can only spoof open networks.

If there was a service outage on the WPA2 network (due to a deauth) some users may just join the open network and ignore the change in network encryption.

In theory you could use the Pineapples management network with the same SSID and password, then it should just be a matter of signal strength. But that isnt really the intended use of the management AP.

Archived