Pandora grab track Please help

Razor512

Does anyone know what request is made when someone clicks on "grab this track"

I am working on something for the pocket pc that will allow me to have pandora jar grab a track using the pocket pc.

I usually use my wireless headphones and the wifi feature of my pocket pc has about the same range as the headphones.

I am usually away from my pc but sometimes a really good song will come on and by I have to come running to my pc to grab it.

i would like to be able to just do it remotely using my pocket pc.

i tried multiple times but the pandora jar window just shows a error message saying invalid request

I am working on something for the pocket pc that will allow me to have pandora jar grab a track using the pocket pc.

Sounds like the kind of thing I'd like to write!

I'm on it, Let me know what you've tried so far - or at least what ideas you've had.

just a small question - why not use cruise control?

cheers.

that would make it rip every song and when afk i cant tell what song is playing all i know is that it sounds good :) (would have to search through 30 new songs to find the one good one that i liked)

thats prity much the main reason why i want to basically have some remote control for pandora

example of the error i get when using the pocket pc

localhost connected to server.

localhost connected to server.

NARUTO connected to server.

Invalid request: action_grab_mp3

Invalid request: requestid

what did you do on the PPC to get: (?)

Invalid request: action_grab_mp3

Invalid request: requestid

I assume your PPC is named NARUTO. (after the ninja?)

anyway - I'm proud to say that in CF7 which is about to be released there is an option do initiate the grabbing remotely.

to do so - uncomment the config entry:

"remotemonitoronly.mode=true"

(or add this line to your config file - if you're not using the config that came with the release)

I'm not so proud of the code thats involved in this, as it is very messy. I'll clean it up sometime (hopefully soon).

more info will be available with the release.

That's it!

I'm uploading version CF7 code and jar to sourceforge right now.

debugged the hell out of the new remote monitor feature.

seems to work correctly.

let me know how it works for you!

Cheers on the flash solution thingie!

Here's how this works:

added an option called "remote grab", when it is on - pandora's jar must be in cruise control.

the grabbing done in cruise control will not actually cause the file to be ripped, but rather just let the server know that a new song is playing (with artist / title info). then, the server can be accessed using the address http://localhost:port/monitor this will display a short text page with info about the song currently playing (if the cruise control sent the info already (default: 15 seconds into the song)):

a) the amount of time that passed since the info currently displayed has been sent (to verify sanity of the data before hitting "grab")

b) a link to initiate a grab (just like hitting "grab this song").

c) the name of the last grabbed song + the time passed since it was grabbed. (again for 'sanity QA' purposes)

In this mode - a click on "Grab this track" in firefox will not grab the song, a second click on the same song will grab it. (notice that clicking the link in the monitoring console will init a rip anyway. no two

clicks needed there. if you click when a song just started playing - it will be saved with the info of the old song!)

Main use case: this feature has been requested by a user that is listening on a wireless headset and would

like to be able to grab songs remotely using his PDA (equipped with WIFI). if you have a wireless headset

but no PDA you can also access the page remotely using you cellular phone and WAP / GPRS / EDGE (etc).

[usefull as a remote for grabbing while listening in bed and so on...]