Android app causes OnePlus6T to crash and reboot

ananades

Hi guys,  just got my bug and was playing with it trying to capture my first pcap on my OnePlus 6T (rooted with latest twrp and magisk).  Capture is working fine but when I hit the check to save it the whole phone crashes and reboots.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue that I'm not aware of?  Phone was just rooted so it was wiped and the only app on it is the plunder bug.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

I figured it would be hard to debug so was hoping someone encountered this and had a solution.  Not a showstopper but very cool idea to have phone tucked away capturing packets.  If I figure it out I'll post here.

If you are collecting ideas for the phone app, cool idea would be to periodically copy pcaps to dropbox, or live stream etc.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm seeing this same issue on my Pixel 3 XL. After the first crash and reboot I need to do a hard reboot to get the system back up. I will have more time this weekend to see if I can get a log for you.

same here. Linage OS 16 with magisk 18.1 on xiaomi mi8. I disabled privacy guard for the app. after the reboot magisk is showing no root. After a manual reboot I have root again. BTW the pcap files are listed in the app and saved on the phone. I can open them in Wireshark with no problem.

Archived