Can't use PineAP

ThiccNUT

2 hours ago, ThiccNUT said:

I connect to my network at my house and then I go to activate PIneAP and it disconnects, what can I do to fix this.

Did you use wlan1 in client mode to get your pineapple online?

If yes, then you need to use another method to get your pineapple online while using PineAP. So either set up ICS through an internet connected host or use a USB Wi-Fi card on the pineapple wlan2 in client mode.

55 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Did you use wlan1 in client mode to get your pineapple online?

If yes, then you need to use another method to get your pineapple online while using PineAP. So either set up ICS through an internet connected host or use a USB Wi-Fi card on the pineapple wlan2 in client mode.

How do I use wlan2 with internet

6 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

"a drop down" is a bit vague, any more info? Screen shot?

So you know when you go to set up wifi sharing on windows 10, you right click on your wifi and go to sharing then you check the box, and there should be a drop down list where you select wifi pineapple, but mine doesn't have that list.

1 minute ago, ThiccNUT said:

So you know when you go to set up wifi sharing on windows 10,

Ah sorry, I haven't really used windows in a few years. I didn't realize you have to specify a device/interface for sharing now, last time I used windows 7 you just had to enable sharing.

You can still browse to the pineapples UI via the USB cable right? so the pineapples interface is up and working?

5 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Ah sorry, I haven't really used windows in a few years. I didn't realize you have to specify a device/interface for sharing now, last time I used windows 7 you just had to enable sharing.

You can still browse to the pineapples UI via the USB cable right? so the pineapples interface is up and working?

Yes it is up and working, but I can figure out how to use something other than wlan1 in the wifi client on the wifi pineapple

2 minutes ago, ThiccNUT said:

Yes it is up and working, but I can figure out how to use something other than wlan1 in the wifi client on the wifi pineapple

You can get a wlan2 by plugging in a compatible USB wifi adapter, You can then use that for client mode internet while using wlan0 and wlan1 for PineAP.

That way you don't need to use the USB Ethernet through an internet connected PC. Also, to be sure... when you set up internet connection sharing through a PC you dont normally use client mode at all.

Having the same issue, where I used PineAp earlier today and now when I go to Recon, it prompts me to set up PineAp? When I check the setting for Daemon, it won't come off of disabled.

Admittedly, I am not that experienced, but I used the tool just fine 8 hours ago. Any help is much appreciated.

Archived