Won't start up

PJ131

Hey everyone,

I decided to start messing around with the Nano, I plug in the bad boy using the Y USB cable and opened up the page in the browser. Downloaded the Firmware and started to upgrade the firmware. Throughout this process the USB cable got removed from my PC. 

I immediately plugged it back in but the page couldn't be reached anymore. I noticed that the blue LED blinked once or twice and then went to a solid blue for 3 seconds and went off. My computer didn't pick anything up.

So I went ahead to this page: https://wiki.wifipineapple.com/#!troubleshooting.md to recover the Firmware. But when I hold down the reset button and plug back in the USB cable the device still won't get recognized by  my Win10 PC. It shows this: Screenshot. As the page suggests: 

• From the host PC, configure a static IP address on the WiFi Pineapple facing Ethernet interface to 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0

Which is what I did but I still cannot reach the NANO.

What's cooking? Am I missing something? Is it Windows and should I try this process on a Linux machine?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 2:49 AM, PJ131 said:

Hey everyone,

I decided to start messing around with the Nano, I plug in the bad boy using the Y USB cable and opened up the page in the browser. Downloaded the Firmware and started to upgrade the firmware. Throughout this process the USB cable got removed from my PC. 

I immediately plugged it back in but the page couldn't be reached anymore. I noticed that the blue LED blinked once or twice and then went to a solid blue for 3 seconds and went off. My computer didn't pick anything up.

So I went ahead to this page: https://wiki.wifipineapple.com/#!troubleshooting.md to recover the Firmware. But when I hold down the reset button and plug back in the USB cable the device still won't get recognized by  my Win10 PC. It shows this: Screenshot. As the page suggests: 

Which is what I did but I still cannot reach the NANO.

What's cooking? Am I missing something? Is it Windows and should I try this process on a Linux machine?

Thanks in advance.

I got one time same problem. You should try it with linux computer.

Hey Spycial, I somewhat got through, after setting the IP to 192.168.1.2 in the properties of the adapter, I can access 192.168.1.1 in the browser and upload the factory reset file. But this runs for like a good hour and doesn't do anything. The Nano seems to be faulty which is a bummer, never got to actually use it.. But I will let it run overnight perhaps that makes a change..

Archived