Wireless keeps dropping.

Freakish

I'll be logged into my computer and suddenly my connection will drop and the only way to fix it is to restart my computer. This happens to the two other computers in my house, all in different locations. I have a Dlink wireless n router but I had the same problem with my old linksys wireless g router. One computer uses the a Dlink wireless n NIC, the other two use Linksys wireless g. Two computers are useling Windows XP MC, the other one is using Windows XP.

Computer 1:

-Linksys wireless g NIC

-Windows XP MC

Computer 2:

-Linksys wireless g NIC

-Windows XP

Computer 3:

-Dlink wireless n NIC

-Windows XP MC

I'm out of ideas to fix this.

How you tried:

changing to the 802.11 channel in use.

changing encryption method.

any thing other then windows.

Also, from what I can tell from your post, these are desktop computer that don't move, why are you using wireless? Get a big box of cat 5(e)/6 and go mad! :D

How you tried:

changing to the 802.11 channel in use.

changing encryption method.

any thing other then windows.

Also, from what I can tell from your post, these are desktop computer that don't move, why are you using wireless? Get a big box of cat 5(e)/6 and go mad! :D

1. I wouldn't know how.

2. My wireless signal isn't encypted.

3. I have Debian duel booting on my PC but I haven't been able to figure out how to get my ESSID so I don't have a connection.

4. I would love to run everything across my house but my mom would probably kill me.

Also when I loose my connection, I can't see any of the wireless connections near my house.

Assuming you're having this issue in Windows, it has a habit of trying to connect to the signal it thinks is best. If there are other connections nearby this may be what's happening. You can find more info on this and how to fix it online.

I was having a similar issue when setting up my grandparents wireless router (now of course there problem was losing connection when a win ME computer is added to the network or when the computer went on standby)

Anyways through tech support and everything

Try unplugging all your your cordless phones (if they're 2.4 Ghz) This could be interfering

Check your drivers make sure firmware and stuff is all upgraded

Set channels,

Move closer to the router.

and than normal tech support stuff would all I be able to suggest.