Issues with BashBunny

des3n

Hello,

I haven't had to chance to use my BB for a little while now. I just started messing with it again and it seems that I can't get payloads to work for me anymore. They used to work in the past. I ended up updating it to firmware 1.5_298 and installing the .deb packages for Gohttp, Impacket, and Responder.

When I run a dpkg -l, it shows that the deb files installed like below:

ii  gohttp-bunny   1.0          all          Gohttp .deb for the Bash Bunny
ii  impacket-bunny 1.0          all          Impacket .deb for the Bash Bunny
ii  responder-bunn 1.0          all          Responder .deb for the Bash Bunny

However, now when I run nmapper or QuickCreds it attempts to start and then all I get a is flashing red LED. Any ideas of some troubleshooting steps I could take?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

I would look at what the flashing red LED means in the readme's of each payload, first.

Hi Dave,

so for example the QuickCreds states that the FAIL1 is there is no responder in /tools/responder. 

When I SSH into thr BB and run ls -al I do not see a /tools directory even though the deb files are installed.  

For nmapper the fail red blinking LED is because it could not obtain an IP address. I teated this on a Win10 box and made sure i was using the RNDIS_ETHERNET in the initialization. Is this a problem because of the /tools directory not being there?

Thank you 

51 minutes ago, des3n said:

Hi Dave,

so for example the QuickCreds states that the FAIL1 is there is no responder in /tools/responder. 

When I SSH into thr BB and run ls -al I do not see a /tools directory even though the deb files are installed.  

For nmapper the fail red blinking LED is because it could not obtain an IP address. I teated this on a Win10 box and made sure i was using the RNDIS_ETHERNET in the initialization. Is this a problem because of the /tools directory not being there?

Thank you 

QuickCreds requires there to be a /tools/responder. The fact that there isn't a /tools folder suggests to me that you didn't install the tools correctly. You just need to place the deb files in the /tools folder on the USB (NOT to be confused with the /tools at root).

Nmapper I can't be too sure. I'd have to look into it a bit more.

QuickCreds requires there to be a /tools/responder. The fact that there isn't a /tools folder suggests to me that you didn't install the tools correctly. You just need to place the deb files in the /tools folder on the USB (NOT to be confused with the /tools at root).

Nmapper I can't be too sure. I'd have to look into it a bit more.

OK, so I re-installed the .deb files for impacket and responder. When I SSH into the BB, the /tools directory is now there with both folders for /tools/impacket /tools/responder. It looks like the problem now with running QuickCreds is that it can't get a DHCP address for the BB when it is running the payload. This is the same problem with nmapper payload.

Any ideas?

Thanks again. 

Did some further testing. After I used the Bunnyupdater (didn't first work because version.txt was missing, maybe worth mentioning), it updated some stuff and now I get a flashing white light and a map was created in the loot dir. I have no output yet, I think because of my antivirus..

Archived