This may sound a daft question

hackabus

ok so ive setup the nano with wp6 to share connection with kali, this all works spot on, then i connect to the nano with my phone, this is also fine, i fire up wireshark but only see traffic directed from 172.16.41.1, is this correct, i persumed i would be seeing the given IP from my phone?

should the internet connection be coming from the nano or the laptop?

what interface should i be sniffing?

this is slightly baffling my brain but i know its so simple, to much eggnog i think, I know in a moment this will just click in my brain as i feel im putting way to much thought into such a simple process thanks all

yeah i thought so, Im going to have a play again now, must be monday morning detail ive left out :) should i be sniffing the connectiom going from laptop to router or connection from nano to laptop cheers

16 minutes ago, kbeflo said:

Internet connection must come from the laptop or desktop already connected to the internet, use ICS on Windows, wp6.sh on Linux. 

4 minutes ago, hackabus said:

should i be sniffing the connectiom going from laptop to router or connection from nano to laptop cheers

[ internet ] <-- [ laptop ] <-- [ nano[ mitm position* ] ] <-- [ wireless devices ]

You could do it without relying on your laptop but it depends on how you want to use it. SSLStrip doesn't work on sites with HSTS though.

*mitm or man in the middle

8 minutes ago, kbeflo said:

[ internet ] <-- [ laptop ] <-- [ nano[ mitm position* ] ] <-- [ wireless devices ]

You could do it without relying on your laptop but it depends on how you want to use it. SSLStrip doesn't work on sites with HSTS though.

*mitm or man in the middle

cheers, yeah not planning on using ssl strip, I use bettercap, burpsuite, wireshark, mana, etc just couldnt get my brain to fuction properly laat night, think ive sorted it now, thanks for the info

Archived