Default password not working during setup.

Scott Peterson

I tried with windows and with linux. I fiollowed the directions exactly. Navigating to the pineapple always brings up a login screen with the username root. I tried it with the usb and with the ethernet connection. Same problem. I can't do anything without a working password. Yes I tried pineapplesareyummy. Finally after 3 hours over three days I did a reset. Power on with reset button held on for over 30 seconds. Let boot. Same issue. Thank you for any help in advance.

1 minute ago, Scott Peterson said:

I tried with windows and with linux. I fiollowed the directions exactly. Navigating to the pineapple always brings up a login screen with the username root. I tried it with the usb and with the ethernet connection. Same problem. I can't do anything without a working password. Yes I tried pineapplesareyummy. Finally after 3 hours over three days I did a reset. Power on with reset button held on for over 30 seconds. Let boot. Same issue. Thank you for any help in advance.

With the tetra and nano you setup the password on initial configuration. There is no default password.

If you have forgotten your password you will need to reset - https://wifipineapple.github.io/wifipineapple-wiki//#!troubleshooting.md

Thank you, I tried that link with no luck. Right out of the box during setup it asked for a password at the login screen. What I am saying is it never initialized the setup as I have read it should. I hate to send it back. Is there anything else I could have missed? Factory reset login page. Firmware reset login page. I tried Putty. I tried installing the WHQL driver in windows directly and was prevented from doing that as my machine rejects it.

16 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

What I am saying is it never initialized the setup as I have read it should

It will repeat until lit has a password AFAIK.

17 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Is there anything else I could have missed?

If all else fails do a "firmware recovery" make sure you use the special factory firmware file. If you cant get to the firmware upload page in recovery them maybe your doing something wrong. Try using Linux as a test - a live CD/USB maybe.

Im afraid your description detail of what you have tried and what you saw and did is not great to be able to give you more detailed ideas. At the moment at least, maybe you can provide a little more? screen shots maybe? it all helps.

Archived