Can't complete initial setup, no ip assigned. A little help please?

kerensky

So, when I plug the NANO to the pc using the Y cable, it does not get an IP automatically assigned (that is, the 172.16.42...). I assign it manually using ifconfig up and it works, I can access the server using my browser. However, after restarting the NANO, it's all over again and I have to assign the IP in order to access.

The NANO is receiving enough voltage and I have already restored the firmware using the tool available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, rem700 said:

At least you made it that far. I cant even get my tetra to reset. 

use a pen to hit the reset button.  Its a known defect.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:16 AM, kerensky said:

So, when I plug the NANO to the pc using the Y cable, it does not get an IP automatically assigned (that is, the 172.16.42...). I assign it manually using ifconfig up and it works, I can access the server using my browser. However, after restarting the NANO, it's all over again and I have to assign the IP in order to access.

The NANO is receiving enough voltage and I have already restored the firmware using the tool available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

what OS, is it a VM?  

19 hours ago, kerensky said:

No, it's a native Kali. One thing I noticed, however, is that I can access using 172.16.42.1 via management wireless AP. So I think the problem is the Kali itself, maybe it's blocking redirections or something?

have you downloaded the wp6.sh script to connect it to the internet?

are you wired or wireless on Kali?  I have found that sometimes if you have a wired connection to kali the usb ethernet for the pineapple likes to take over and you need to go in your network settings and mess with it.  But connected via wlan0 always works perfect. and the pineapple and kali work flawlessly.

On 9/29/2017 at 7:14 PM, b0N3z said:

are you wired or wireless on Kali?  I have found that sometimes if you have a wired connection to kali the usb ethernet for the pineapple likes to take over and you need to go in your network settings and mess with it.  But connected via wlan0 always works perfect. and the pineapple and kali work flawlessly.

I think that could be the problem, because I can connect with wifi no problem. This issue only happens over USB. What do you mess with exactly to fix the issue when it happens? Thanks!

Have your Kali machine connected to your home AP then try plugging in the pineapple and running the wp6.sh . Alternatively you could forget the wp6.sh and plug the pineapple in and use a usb wifi on the female end of the pineapple and go to your network tab and use wlan2 on the pineapple to connect to your home ap

12 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Have your Kali machine connected to your home AP then try plugging in the pineapple and running the wp6.sh . Alternatively you could forget the wp6.sh and plug the pineapple in and use a usb wifi on the female end of the pineapple and go to your network tab and use wlan2 on the pineapple to connect to your home ap

Mmmmh... wp6.sh still doesn't fix this, but it's probably something on my side, maybe some messing with redirection and NAT I did some time ago. It's no big deal though, I'll go with the second option. Thank you!!