Flash OpenWRT or other onto RP-WD03 or HT-TM05?

Dave-ee Jones

I've tried basically everything I've seen on those OpenWRT forums. Everyone else is saying it can't be done on a WD03, can only be done on a WD02/WD01. WD03 is programmed to only accept it's own firmware with a specific file system, and the OpenWRT hasn't been modified to match it as of yet.

I know the TFTP server should have worked however my WD03 won't even try to look at my TFTP server, not sure why..

I'm thinking about modifying a firmware version. I flashed an older firmware that allows me to telnet into it and I can see the file system, just needa make it seeable by the Windows machine. Thinking of an SMB server, which I could flash on there with a custom firmware then call on it from telnet.

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

7 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Yes that's where I got the TFTP stuff from. Did you read any of it? Lol.

Have you used tftp before? I can walk you threw this process, if you would like ill post the contents of the manual.

ill assume your a windows user, I can't help you here its been ten years since I ran windows.

the article I read, he specifically said he used a linux tftp server and successfully flashed 7 identical devices.

If you would like I could show you how to use a linux operating system.

11 hours ago, i8igmac said:

Have you used tftp before? I can walk you threw this process, if you would like ill post the contents of the manual.

ill assume your a windows user, I can't help you here its been ten years since I ran windows.

the article I read, he specifically said he used a linux tftp server and successfully flashed 7 identical devices.

If you would like I could show you how to use a linux operating system.

Thanks, but I've already tried running a TFTP server from a VM and the network just got confused, as it didn't know whether to talk to my Windows machine or the VM Linux.

What manual are you talking about? Can I take a look at it?

19 minutes ago, i8igmac said:

1st thing is to upgrade the firmware to the latest release from Ravpower which is 2.000.040.  

have u done this?

Actually the latest release is 2.000.052, which I had upgraded to previously but had issues with it so dropped back to 2.000.024, which allows me to use telnet and not have an overly buggy interface (both are buggy anyway..).

13 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Actually the latest release is 2.000.052, which I had upgraded to previously but had issues with it so dropped back to 2.000.024, which allows me to use telnet and not have an overly buggy interface (both are buggy anyway..).

Here is what I would try... avoid the vm... make a kali usb or cd. Boot up and I believe kali has a tftpd service in the kali menu.

I would also do what was suggested by the previous post, if possible can you upgrade to version 040 if not then in sure the latest uptodate version should suffice.

In kali you should be prepared to monitor the traffic when you attempt the flash. Use wireshark.

when trying to diagnose a network issue you should first look at the stream.

If your in control of the traffic, your in control.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RickyTerzis said:

Hi...i am a new user here. You should refer to manual to get solution.

As per my knowledge you should use a linux tftp server and successfully flashed 7 identical devices.

What are you doing with 7 identical wrt devices, mesh network?

On 9/1/2017 at 3:33 PM, i8igmac said:

What are you doing with 7 identical wrt devices, mesh network?

I don't think he knows what he is talking about.

He's referring to the post made on the OpenWRT forums (the one you referred to at one point). The manual has nothing on it either concerning third party OS', and it shouldn't.