USB enumeration issues (osx)

yeppers

New bunny inserted on macbook pro - in arming mode - seems to work then after a min OSX disconnects (terminates) it. Logs show:

kernel    USB device F000FFF014100002 - will be reset!
kernel    USB device F000FFF014100002 - fConsecutiveResetCount = 1
kernel    AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures

Plugging it back in - in arming mode - nothing happens. Once USB caches expire after a few min, when I insert it LED goes green, then finder sees it as USB storage but a min later osx terminates the USB drive again. It's pretty consistent. 

Also doing ls /dev/tty* or grepping dmesg has never shown anything related to the drive in osx. I end up using windows in fusion to putty to it serially. Then a min later osx host terminates the USB drive...

1 hour ago, yeppers said:

Also doing ls /dev/tty* or grepping dmesg has never shown anything related to the drive in osx. I end up using windows in fusion to putty to it serially. Then a min later osx host terminates the USB drive...

On Mac you'd do:

ls /dev/cu.*

It'll have usbmodem in the name. Once you've possibly figured out which one you'd use this command (change the device name to match yours): 

screen /dev/cu.usbmodemch000001 115200

Press ENTER on the blank screen and you should be ready to log in.

Edited by Torrey

• 1 month later...