Networking Help

astromodder

I have two laptops that I would like to connect together wirelessly with an ad hoc network. The reason I do not want to buy an access point is this is only temporary. Here is what I would like to accomplish:

___ = CAT5 Cable

---- = Wireless (The Ad Hoc Network)

Desktop PC___1Laptop----------2Laptop__Switch__Router__Cable Modem__Internet

It is really one desktop pc on the other side of my house that I need to have connected to the internet for about a week, only when the laptop that it is connected to with a crossover cable will be on. But is this even possible? To share a internet connection on the "2Laptop" and then have the desktop pc be able to access the internet that way?

I sort of figured out the Ad hoc network when the two laptops were sitting side by side but the connection kept disconnecting.

If anyone could tell me if this is possible to accomplish and if so, how to do this, please tell me. Thanks!

I have two laptops that I would like to connect together wirelessly with an ad hoc network. The reason I do not want to buy an access point is this is only temporary. Here is what I would like to accomplish:

___ = CAT5 Cable

---- = Wireless (The Ad Hoc Network)

Desktop PC___1Laptop----------2Laptop__Switch__Router__Cable Modem__Internet

It is really one desktop pc on the other side of my house that I need to have connected to the internet for about a week, only when the laptop that it is connected to with a crossover cable will be on. But is this even possible? To share a internet connection on the "2Laptop" and then have the desktop pc be able to access the internet that way?

I sort of figured out the Ad hoc network when the two laptops were sitting side by side but the connection kept disconnecting.

If anyone could tell me if this is possible to accomplish and if so, how to do this, please tell me. Thanks!

yes you can do this I'm guessing it's windows right?

ok laptop 2 has internet connection right? If yes then start up the Windows Networking Wizard on both laptops and select "Other computers connect to the internet through this computer" or something like that on both then restart all computers and it should work as long as you're using a crossover cable from laptop1 to Desktop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/crossover_cable

if you need some more help let me know