Fake ap have no internet access

Jsync

My computer and/or laptop have the pine nano connected to them all fake ap's and the open ap that can be configured in the networking tab dont work. i have internet connection working the bulletins load and modules download but the aps dont have internet but when i use an android phone all the aps have internet can be connected to and work. i have tried factory resetting and this doesn't seem to work and my problems persist. i need help for this please as i can only use my computers as i myself dont own an android phone and have only been using my younger brothers 50 dollar android i only have a iphone 5 and am getting a Samsung 7 but i really need this to work on my computers. I  am using the pine for a vpn ap and obviously cant pull out phone in a class. I also like to see what the pine can do about creds and it capabilities (on my devices and devices i have permission for) but i like having a video run on my phone and working on stuff on the pc which is why i really wanna get this working on the pc as i know it works well on android phones.

Edited by Jsync

I'm running into this issue because the Nano refuses to do any DNS resolution. I'm in a bit of an odd situation on my campus - sticking the 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 nameservers into etc/resolv.conf do nothing, but adding my campus network's nameservers allows the Nano to do nslookup successfully.

Either way, devices that have connected to the Nano cannot get any DNS resolution going, so, whilst they can ping IP addresses, they're dead in the water when it comes to domain names - which means that my phone thinks that the AP offers no internet.

Is there something I need to do to make the Nano act as a nameserver? nmap reports it's offering a DNS service on port 53, but..yeah, it just doesn't want to play ball.

Edited by etherealflux

4 hours ago, etherealflux said:

I'm running into this issue because the Nano refuses to do any DNS resolution. I'm in a bit of an odd situation on my campus - sticking the 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 nameservers into etc/resolv.conf do nothing, but adding my campus network's nameservers allows the Nano to do nslookup successfully.

Either way, devices that have connected to the Nano cannot get any DNS resolution going, so, whilst they can ping IP addresses, they're dead in the water when it comes to domain names - which means that my phone thinks that the AP offers no internet.

Is there something I need to do to make the Nano act as a nameserver? nmap reports it's offering a DNS service on port 53, but..yeah, it just doesn't want to play ball.

I don't know how to fix and you and me are in the same situation to try and resolve this as I don't wanna use a phone to get the aps to have internet access I hope we get get this fixed and get help soon