Function keys Mac

cloudberry

Hi Forum,

I have a question regarding function keys on Mac. Basically what I want to do in one of my scripts is to enable "Full keyboard access" this setting can be found under preferences->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

There is a keybind to change this and by default that is set to control+F7(however it is actually fn+control+f7). Is there a way to utilize the function keys so that I can do this keybind? Or is there another way for me to enable this via rubber ducky that you guys and girls can think of?

All help is appreciated!

1 hour ago, cloudberry said:

Hi Forum,

I have a question regarding function keys on Mac. Basically what I want to do in one of my scripts is to enable "Full keyboard access" this setting can be found under preferences->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

There is a keybind to change this and by default that is set to control+F7(however it is actually fn+control+f7). Is there a way to utilize the function keys so that I can do this keybind? Or is there another way for me to enable this via rubber ducky that you guys and girls can think of?

All help is appreciated!

Can you not use the combo 'GUI SPACE' and then use 'STRING [KEYWORD]' to find where you're needing to go?

Example of opening a terminal on Mac OSX:

DELAY 1000
GUI SPACE
STRING terminal
DELAY 500
ENTER

<...>

I don't own a Mac, but by looking a several OSX payloads, it seems like 'GUI SPACE' brings up some sort of search option similar to pressing your Windows key and typing in what you're looking for. Hopefully I'm on the right track and that answers your question.

Hmm maybe I explained my case poorly. I have no issue running applications from spotlight and no issue running commands in the terminal.

The issue is enabling "Full keyboard access" via the Rubber Ducky. I know how to do it via the GUI and the shortcut is fn+ctrl+f7, however I cant use fn with Ducky script.

19 minutes ago, cloudberry said:

Hmm maybe I explained my case poorly. I have no issue running applications from spotlight and no issue running commands in the terminal.

The issue is enabling "Full keyboard access" via the Rubber Ducky. I know how to do it via the GUI and the shortcut is fn+ctrl+f7, however I cant use fn with Ducky script.

When you mention the 'fn' key, is that the synonymous with the 'command' key? Have you tried using 'COMMAND' to press the command key? Sorry for misunderstanding your initial question. I may still be on the wrong track, but that's the only different key I see listed for OSX keyboards compared to Windows/Unix.