First time with the ducky

Omerta

Hello there!

I recently got the ducky in the mail and i'm trying to figure out how to proceed with learning how to use it. I currently run Ubuntu Mate 16.04 on my laptop and i have no experience with java or scripts in general.

First, do i update the firmware?, and how to do that? , watched Darrens video "ducky quack start" but i didnt get it when he went to media to get the version 1.0, (since there is no media appearing for me)

Second, i looked in the list of different payloads people have uploaded. and most of them are made for windows 7? Do they work on Linux as well , since it is the same language or is it completely different?

Third, i saw there were different ways to handle the ducky, twinduck where you have mass storage too, but that links back to the first question.

Hope someone can give me some knowledge to this newbie learning.

Hi,

First question: Here's a good flashing tutorial https://github.com/hak5darren/USB-Rubber-Ducky/wiki/Flashing-ducky

Second question: Payloads for Windows only work on those. But you can compile them on any system, though.
Since the ducky emulates a keyboard, the keystrokes work like the systems behaviour. If you use Windows-specific key-compo, they won't have the same effect on Linux/Mac OS - if any.

Third question: The standard firmware works like a charm. Depending on your payload-needs you may need to use another firmware.