DoS Attack skype for business lecture?

boadicea

Lets say hypothetically that i have a skype for business meeting lecture link, and everyone in my class including another teacher want me to DoS Attack the presentation can this be done using LOIC?

I would assume using hotspot shield elite first, and using 2 computers.

Computer A = the attacking computer with routed ip. Computer B = my true ip and logged in to the metting to avoid suspicion.

This is all hypothetical of course.

Even if you had permission to do this, you still wouldn't be able to like that for a number of reasons. The biggest one is you simply wouldn't have the bandwidth to pull it off.

Let's use myself as an example. I'm in a semi-urban area, and one of the residents of my house works for our ISP, so we get a pretty high tier for the area. (60mb down, ~6mbs up)

For someone to DoS you effectively using LOIC they would need to have an upload speed of around 60mbs. As you can see, that's usually not the case unless you're spending tons of money. If you had ten different computers in ten different locations, you'd have a much higher chance of knocking me offline and out of the call. (Ten different locations, because multiple computers dossing from the same network wouldn't be any different than just using one. In a lot of ways it would be even worse.) Keep in mind, this is only one person, not the entire group.

Adding a VPN to the mix would make things much worse in most cases, as it would even further limit your upload speed.

Also keep in mind that this is just generalized, sure your upload speed might be 6mbs, but I doubt 100% of that upload speed is just going to be used for the DoS. You've probably got tons of other devices sucking up your bandwidth, and then the network overhead itself.

This is why DDoS is so common. (Distributed). This is where you get multiple devices on different networks to do the DoS.

And as I mentioned before, I highly doubt you have permission to do this, so know that if you're going to try it anyways a vpn will not save you. If they really wanted to, a quick call to Hotspot Shield from your school, perhaps with the police involved, would provide them not only with your real IP, but also whatever information you used to sign up.

5055869496.png

Edited by Fallen Archangel

Even if you had permission to do this, you still wouldn't be able to like that for a number of reasons. The biggest one is you simply wouldn't have the bandwidth to pull it off.

Let's use myself as an example. I'm in a semi-urban area, and one of the residents of my house works for our ISP, so we get a pretty high tier for the area. (60mb down, ~6mbs up)

For someone to DoS you effectively using LOIC they would need to have an upload speed of around 60mbs. As you can see, that's usually not the case unless you're spending tons of money. If you had ten different computers in ten different locations, you'd have a much higher chance of knocking me offline and out of the call. (Ten different locations, because multiple computers dossing from the same network wouldn't be any different than just using one. In a lot of ways it would be even worse.) Keep in mind, this is only one person, not the entire group.

Adding a VPN to the mix would make things much worse in most cases, as it would even further limit your upload speed.

Also keep in mind that this is just generalized, sure your upload speed might be 6mbs, but I doubt 100% of that upload speed is just going to be used for the DoS. You've probably got tons of other devices sucking up your bandwidth, and then the network overhead itself.

This is why DDoS is so common. (Distributed). This is where you get multiple devices on different networks to do the DoS.

And as I mentioned before, I highly doubt you have permission to do this, so know that if you're going to try it anyways a vpn will not save you. If they really wanted to, a quick call to Hotspot Shield from your school, perhaps with the police involved, would provide them not only with your real IP, but also whatever information you used to sign up.

5055869496.png

thanks for the response man, i dont pay for hotspotshield elite, its torrented. yeah i figured that DDoS would be the way to go. and i actually do have the permission of one of my teachers, she doesnt like the other teacher that teaches with her hahah.

5055869496.png

would HOIC be preferrable over LOIC then??