Bios Password Cracker

Azard

Hello everybody,

I post this topic because I have a strong problem with an HP Probook 6550b.

I can't have the BIOS password, and i have try a lot of solutions to reset it but i don't work... I have find an utiliy on this forum but the download is deleted...

I have try to remove the RTC barrery, i have try to use the Hiren's Boot CD with the BIOS crack... I have try to upgrade the BIOS with a HP Bios update utility but it need the password...

Somebody can help me ?

Thank you.

Seems what you need to do is explained here. Good luck!

Thank you, i have read this post yesterday, but i can't buy and replace the chip... I juste wanted to crack or to reset the password with a software method, but do you think it's really impossible ?

I have find this : https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31526-hp-probookelitebook-bios-password-reset-utility/but it has removed...

I don't notice anything being removed. There are links to a different forum but I'm not allowed to see the guy's post there without logging in and I'm not going to create an account on some forum just to see what's up.

Do you have an account on that forum? Do you see any links or such to downloadable content? If the link leads to nothing, post the name of the file the link is pointing too, maybe someone duplicated this tool somewhere... it's the internet after all...

I've always had doing a short pin on laptops with BIOS passwords I normally when im bored will buy decent laptops off ebay that are BIOS password protected and short pin the laptop and end up wiping the password out then sell the laptop on craigslist for $20 more then what I paid for it.

I don't notice anything being removed. There are links to a different forum but I'm not allowed to see the guy's post there without logging in and I'm not going to create an account on some forum just to see what's up.

Do you have an account on that forum? Do you see any links or such to downloadable content? If the link leads to nothing, post the name of the file the link is pointing too, maybe someone duplicated this tool somewhere... it's the internet after all...

In fat it was this soft :

OJBzQGG.png

The link is http://bit.ly/Kp5yAv

I have search a lot of hours with Google to download the executable but it seem to be deleted.

I have try a CD CMOS Cleaner, but an error occurred at the boot...

A lot of utility like cmospwd on Linux, Windows, etc can't down this password... It so strong !

I've always had doing a short pin on laptops with BIOS passwords I normally when im bored will buy decent laptops off ebay that are BIOS password protected and short pin the laptop and end up wiping the password out then sell the laptop on craigslist for $20 more then what I paid for it.

So the last solution is tu buy an other BIOS chip and to replace it on the motherboard ?

A short pin is the move of 1 pin to the right or the left ? Because i can't see the pin near to the CMOS battery.

Thank you for your help.

If you google for the exact title of that window, "HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS unlock v2.5.18", the item at the top is him posting his program to a forum with several replies at that forum providing mirrors to the program.

This mirror provides a valid RAR archive. It contains a USB image file and a tool to write it to a USB device. From this point on you're going to have to do it yourself. I can provide *ZERO* guarantees this won't transform your machine into a laptop-shaped brick. All I know is the file is there.

Edited by cooper

If you google for the exact title of that window, "HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS unlock v2.5.18", the item at the top is him posting his program to a forum with several replies at that forum providing mirrors to the program.

This mirror provides a valid RAR archive. It contains a USB image file and a tool to write it to a USB device. From this point on you're going to have to do it yourself. I can provide *ZERO* guarantees this won't transform your machine into a laptop-shaped brick. All I know is the file is there.

Thank you, it works ! The password is deleted...

But i have a problem with the BIOS configuration. I can access to the BIOS configuration, but the OS can't boot and an error message appears : The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid. SYSTEM BOARD (00A) - Product Configuration ID

I have try to reprogram the BIOS with the dos option of the crack, but it doesn't work.

" If after reboot you get a white screen, 'System Board Error', load DOS tools and choose the option to Reprogram." i have followed this step

Now I have deleted the partition and installed Windows properly. The system can boot normally but the error message of the BIOS appears always after the HP screen, and to boot Windows I need to press Enter, but it works.

I have tried an upgrade of the BIOS with HP tools, the bios is upgraded but the error is always here.

I googled the error and found a post on the HP forum describing the problem and what to do about it. They referenced a different thread on the HP forum, which by now has been 'helpfully' removed.

But this is the internet. Remove does not exist. (muhahahahaaaaa!)

THIS is that referenced thread on the WayBackMachine and if you scroll down to about halfway down the page you see a post made by "kicker22004". It contains detailed instructions on what to do.

I googled the error and found a post on the HP forum describing the problem and what to do about it. They referenced a different thread on the HP forum, which by now has been 'helpfully' removed.

But this is the internet. Remove does not exist. (muhahahahaaaaa!)

THIS is that referenced thread on the WayBackMachine and if you scroll down to about halfway down the page you see a post made by "kicker22004". It contains detailed instructions on what to do.

Thank you very muche, i have create the bootable device with the HPBQ138.exe.

I can boot to the DOS, but when i type HPBQ138.exe I have this error message : "This utiliy can NOT be executed on this platform. Please check other version utility again".

Several users have the same problem, perhaps it's not compatible with the laptop 6550b.

I have find an other method with : http://wintegrity.blogspot.mx/2012/12/how-to-fix-product-information-not.html?showComment=1408124638886#c6883375694509381138

But the HPDU.rar is missed.

Other method, but I don't know how can i use it, is to configure the BIOS with the BIOS Configuration Utily. I'm trying this yet.

Edit : i have run the utiliy and the doc is here http://whp-hou9.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/BIOS_Configuration_Utility_User_Guide.pdf so i need to set the product ID with a command like

BCU.exe /setvalue:”Asset Tracking Number”,”12345678"
Do you think it's a possible way ?
Edited by Azard

I can't tell you if it'll work or not. I'm completely stabbing in the dark here. It might work, it might not.

As I said before: everything I tell you can result in a laptop-shaped brick because it's 100% unverified. All I did is google a bit.

Yes I know you're all right.

But in fact all it's ok, the system can boot after the error message display, I can use Windows normally.

I'm just trying to resolve the error with the Product Configuration ID, I think I need to write it on the BIOS, i have try a lot of BIOS reset or upgrade but it do not change anything with this ID.

Another thing, I have open a file system.info created with the password cracker, and a field is empty : "Current ConfigID = " Do you think it's this missed information that created the error ?

And what is this Configuration ID ? Product ID ? UUID ? S/N ?

Edit : I have re-programmed the BIOS with the re-programming utility of the password cracker, it was successfully executed with a fake configID. Now I don't have any message with Product Configuration ID. The system boot normally, without bios error message... But if i unplug the power, at the first boot I have an new message : "CMOS CHECKSUM INVALID, the defaults will be loaded, please restart the computer (CMOS RESET 502)." When I restart the computer all it's ok, I can stop, restart, without error message. But if I stop the pc, I remove the battery and the power plug, the message is coming 1 time.

I have identify the last problem... The slot of the CMOS battery is down, the battery can stay on her slot... I have try to fix it with a piece of scotch it's not enough.

Edited by Azard

Reading Kicker's text I think that's what missing and it's some sort of function of the other things or maybe something with a checksum, allowing it to determine if it's valid or not? Donno.

Reading Kicker's text I think that's what missing and it's some sort of function of the other things or maybe something with a checksum, allowing it to determine if it's valid or not? Donno.

I think this problem is due to the CMOS battery, because I have break the slot when I wanted to reset the BIOS.... So when the battery is removed, and the power cordon, the BIOS is reseted and i have the error message. When I let the power cordon or the battery, I don't have any error message and i can stop and restart the computer when I want.

mini_290627IMG00000232.jpg

I don't know how to repair this dammage lol...

Otherwise all it's ok with the system now, and thank you very much for your help, it was very hard to resolve this problem alone, I hope you're not bored with me. ;)

Edited by Azard