Multiple Vpn's...

D3v107

Hi, thank you for viewing this topic.

I was browsing about proxy chains + vpn's ....

Myth or not ...

Apparently there was some legal issue with that .. also i'm not sure why or how the effect would be....

So if I was running windows, *ran linux with (virtual box), installed the same, or another vpn.. and repeat the process...

Would this connect 1 to the other(chaining sub os vpn's to run a large tunnel) I think i'm anwsering my own question here. *if i'm running one os with a vpn ) I would just be connecting, threw just that os's vpn...(not chaining just using the same vpn like normal)...

Caught a article on the whole subject....

Is this a wrong or right statement ? *Dreams of coding a vpn chain system* *drooling* There was that new turtle and from my understanding it connects threw a cloud network , I do not think its exactly what im dreaming of here... However it deffently conquers the use of proxy chaining with extra security all that....

I was questioning this also having a firewall + another os firewall...... maybe another a good piece hardware or software....I see alot of over-stimulation, offcourse because any firewall with proper time can do alot....

Though one firewall has one attack from the other ....

Interesting concept however, I think it's not one complete network. It's the same network with different loaded software blah blah blah *:)...

So i'm pretty sure not to offend that this statement might be a joke or invalid...

-Hi ho rappy away

I've chained VNC sessions pretty much just using the end machine to do stuff.(of course you could use a proxy between each machine and between the end machine and whatever you are doing) You could probably chain SSH or telnet in a stable manner and use a lot of machines. But I've honestly never been able to use a proxy without having severe slowdowns.

This gives me a pretty sick idea for using SSH and some scripting in a creative way. I'm going to have to mess around with some virtual machines.

I haven't arrived at a great understanding of how networking actually works. But pretty much my thoughts are if you're using a proxy, you're putting another connection between you and the end point of your communication. If there's to many points that are to far apart the connection will time out. Also it depends on what protocols you are using. Are you downloading a file and you have to check each part of the transmission and retransmit lost packets or are you streaming video or message passing where it's more of best effort protocol.

It all comes down to network speed. I've done rdp sessions about 5 deep before it goes to hell, but that's on a gigabit network. I've ssh'd about that deep as well, on a mixed gig and 100mbit network. I've also run a rdp session over a two deep ipsec VPN tunnel, the server was two tunnel hops away. They have a 30/5mbps cable connection at all three locations.