Yet another guy can't connect to Mark V

7ncubane

Got my Mark V last year at Defcon. Didn't have chance to play with it till now. Plugged in Pineapple - after few minutes, solid green light and other lights flashing on and off. Seemed to have booted up OK. I know Mac doesn't play well with Pineapple, but gave it a try with my MacBook. I tried joining the Pineapple over wifi and also Ethernet/LAN. Same results. The Pineapple assigned me an IP via DHCP in 172.16.42.x range. Everything looked OK, but when I tried to go to 172.16.42.1:1471 on both Safari and Firefox, no server found error came up. Went to terminal and double checked the IP of whatever interface I was using - looked OK. I was able to ping Pineapple. When I tried to ssh into it, got "connection refused". Tried nmap on it - only port 22 and 53 open.

I thought it might be my Mac so tried something different. Fired up VMware Kali Linux. Isolated the virtual machine from my Mac host machine. No network connectivity between Kali and Mac. Plugged in an Alfa card and tried to connect to Pineapple via wifi. (basically tried to use the virtual Kali as a standalone real Linux box.) I was able to join the Pineapple network. However, exactly the same problem was before. Again, only able to ping. Not browser interface; no ssh.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try this.

Unbricking a bricked WiFi Pineapple MKV

Bricked your WiFi Pineapple MKV? Unbricking is easy and doesn't require any extra hardware!

• Download the special factory image. This image is the WiFi Pineapple MKV's 2.3.0 firmware, packaged differently to allow unbricking. Please verify it's md5 checksum to be 3e35b826ceddeade59a35792c7868c4a.
  • Power off your WiFi Pineapple MKV and set the DIP switches to up, up, up, up, down (from left to right).
  • Connect to your WiFi Pineapple MKV via ethernet and set your network interface to a static IP of 192.168.1.2
  • Boot up the WiFi Pineapple MKV. After around five seconds, you can navigate to http://192.168.1.1
  • Upload the factory.bin file through the interface. Wait for it to complete.
  • Set all the DIP switches back to the default configuration up, up, up, up, up (from left to right).
  • Set your network interface to 172.16.42.42 (or DHCP)
  • Make sure the SD card is inserted and powercycle the WiFi Pineapple MKV. Your device will now boot the 1.2.0 firmware. Please wait patiently and refer to the first boot instructions in your WiFi Pineapple MKV instructions. You may skip any information relating to the stager.
  • You are done. Enjoy your freshly flashed WiFi Pineapple MKV!