OnionScanner

Well it's been a while since I've done ANY desktop application development but I cooked this up last night since I like exploring TOR hidden services but hate all the dead links.

This is a simple scanner that can be fed a list of .onion URLs or can check YATD. Let me know what you guys think and if there's anything I could have done differently or more efficiently (which is very likely).

https://github.com/darkvengance/onionscanner

EDIT

And before you go looking at it let me go ahead and apologize for the C#....just kinda my native language right now, need to brush up on C and C++.

Edited by Sildaekar

Why are all your methods static?

The typical flow is that from within the static Main method you process any environment data (parameters and such) so you can properly initialize an instance of some object and then you kick off on of that instance object's methods to get the ball rolling.

Starting out it was going to be a static class instead of the program itself, I never removed the static calls.

EDIT

Just cleaned it up a LOT, but again I'm still sure that there is a lot that can be done to improve on it. Would love to move it away from depending on Privoxy and implement some sort of SOCKS5 client into it so it can connect to TOR directly. Probably going to look into doing that tomorrow, I'll just have to learn how to interact with raw sockets.

Edited by Sildaekar