Firefox problem

Guest K1u

I have firefox 2.0 and it does not load any images Load images automatically is checked and all ive tried reinstalling various times and iamges load in IE whats teh prob?

Have you tried to use safe mode? You may also may want to look into deleting your Firefox profile, Make sure to back up all your extensions and bookmarks first.

Safe mode won't fix this. It's a Firefox miss configuration (error between keyboard and chair me thinks ;)).

It may be simply a profile corruption, seeing as its persisting across reinstalls. He already said he has the Load images option set.

Nah, resintalling firefox dosn't create a new profile, that would defeat the point of using profiles.

Isn't that basically what psycho just said?

And Chalito, I hoenstly dont understand what you're into Windows Bashing so much. If you know how to take cdare of your computer, you can have a Windows XP setup that does NOT crash. Here's a hint: try using a legit version.

As to the original question, I honestly don't know what could be wrong.

As to the original question, I honestly don't know what could be wrong.

The problem is that Firefox was configured wrong. A corrupted profile would usually result in Firefox failing to load with an error or it would automaticly generate a new profile stating the old one unusable. Additional this has nothing to do with windows (apart from Firefox running on windows), this same problem could manifest on any OS that Firefox can run on. Firefox works completely independently of the host OS (to a point).

Thats great K1u, Deleting the profile and reinstalling is the canned answer from the mozillazine forums. As it pretty much fixes any/all problems.

As for the real problem, It could have been anything, broken extensions, broken profiles. Firefox is mostly xml, which was designed to robust against corruption. So if one or two bytes were bad the whole file wouldn't be broken.

K1u be careful when reinstalling your extensions, make sure that Firefox still works after each install.