default IP NOT 172.16.42.1 & HTTP://172.16.42.1:1471 WEB PAGE NOT AVAILABLE

wormw00d

I have seen posts based on similar issues but nothing has led me to victory yet so here goes. Whenever I go to http://172.16.42.1:1471 it NEVER works. It always says the WEB PAGE IS UNAVAILABLE.

I unboxed my Mark V and followed the instructions (seemed easy enough). My Micro SD was installed and the LED's are flashing appropriately. The Mark V is producing a wifi SSID (pineapple5_39BE 2 3). None the less I connected the Mark V to my ASUS laptop running windows 8.1 with the ethernet cable that came with the Mark V. The Mark V is plugged into the wall using the power chord that came with the box though I have also tried it using the fully charged juicebox to no avail.

I have tried to connect simply by accessing the WIFI SSID but the it still says the web page is not available.

I have tried to share my internet connection using my WIFI and the static IP on the ethernet (172.16.42.42 - 255.255.255.0 - dns 8.8.8.8) with no results. I also tried raising the IP range to (172.16.42.101). I have even added 172.16.42.1 as the static default gateway with no luck.

Here's where it gets interesting...When I attach the Mark V and select "obtain an IP address automatically" it gives me this

"DHCP ENABLED -Yes"

"Autoconfig IPv4.... 169.254.31.199"

"IPv4 Subnet mask....255.255.0.0"

"IPv4 Default Gateway- "

"IPv4 DNS server- "

Please help me.......

You might be improperly setting up ICS, please refer to this guide. Don't forget to enable "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" on the interface you use to connect to the internet, NOT the one going to the pineapple.

The oddity you get when trying to "Obtain IP address automatically" is simply Windows self-assigning an IP after it can't find a DHCP server.

Thanks for the response. I have seen/ followed this guide numerous times. I am not making any mistakes. But just for gigs I followed it line for line again and the web page is still not available. Any other ideas?

Wireless LAN adapter WI-FI:

IPv4 address .......192.168.1.xxx

subnet mask..........255.255.255.0

Default gateway.......192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter ethernet:

IPv4 address 172.16.42.42

subnet mask.......255.255.255.0

default gateway.........

Thanks for the response. I have seen/ followed this guide numerous times. I am not making any mistakes. But just for gigs I followed it line for line again and the web page is still not available. Any other ideas?

Wireless LAN adapter WI-FI:

IPv4 address .......192.168.1.xxx

subnet mask..........255.255.255.0

Default gateway.......192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter ethernet:

IPv4 address 172.16.42.42

subnet mask.......255.255.255.0

default gateway.........

Verify that you have enabled "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" On the wireless, and that you're not connecting the wireless to the pineapple, but to your wireless router to the internet. If that doesn't work, try a factory reset on the Pineapple using the DIP switches