WiFi security

Phantom

First off, Basic info.

Using 64 bit LXDE linux , Unsure of version.
Laptop bios is u pto date.

LXDE has been updated but the problem existed before

So the problem.

Network manager seems to keep seeing my Wifi security as WEP instead of WPA WPA2, who uses WEP any more. Sometimes the laptop can connect just fine and sees the security as what it is. The problem seems to originate from putting the laptop to 'sleep' then waking it again. The problem continues through a few reboots and eventually fixes itself allowing the laptop to connect to the network again. The problem exists for only the networks the laptop was connected to as it can see other networks security fine and can connect to them just fine, however if the laptop sleeps again the problem progresses to that network as well. This has forced me to concede that it is a problem with the laptop rather than with the network.
Wondering if anyone one can help or point me in the right direction as how to fix the problem.
Will provide more information if needed.

Bring down the interface, restart wpa-supplicant, bring the interface up again.

In typical commands (so you'll probably have to adapt a bit here)

dhcpcd -k wlan0
/etc/init.d/wpa-supplicant restart
dhcpcd wlan0

First off, Basic info.

Using 64 bit LXDE linux , Unsure of version.

Laptop bios is u pto date.

LXDE has been updated but the problem existed before

So the problem.

Network manager seems to keep seeing my Wifi security as WEP instead of WPA WPA2, who uses WEP any more. Sometimes the laptop can connect just fine and sees the security as what it is. The problem seems to originate from putting the laptop to 'sleep' then waking it again. The problem continues through a few reboots and eventually fixes itself allowing the laptop to connect to the network again. The problem exists for only the networks the laptop was connected to as it can see other networks security fine and can connect to them just fine, however if the laptop sleeps again the problem progresses to that network as well. This has forced me to concede that it is a problem with the laptop rather than with the network.

Wondering if anyone one can help or point me in the right direction as how to fix the problem.

Will provide more information if needed.

I had a similuar issue i found out that the drivers were not up to date. Funny thing is that the manufacture of the laptop didnt have the most current driver on their website so i had to go to the manufacture of the wifi car to get the most up to date driver.