New Pineapple drops connection? Can't update Firmware using windows or mac os x. Help appreciated;-)

eattreebark

Hello,,, I watched the new youtube video Tutorial- Unboxing and Upgrading WiFi Pineapple Mark V to learn how to set up my new Mark 5. I go into Network, than I go to client mode select my network put in the pass key and click connect to this network. Under the connection Information it says connected. This is where it starts to go wrong,,, when I leave the network screen and go to Wifi pineapple MK5, click on firmware upgrade, click check for upgrade and in red letters it says Error connecting. Please check your WiFi Pineapple's internet connection. When I go back into Network and click on client mode and look at the connection info at the bottom it says Not connected.. Refreshing in 10s. I figured my OS was the problem so I tried this on mac os x 10.6.8 and 10.9.5, and I also tried Windows 7 and I have the same problem on all three witch implies the Pineapple itself. What do I do? it doesn't keep my connection. Even just going into Network, than I go to client mode select my network put in the pass key and click connect to this network. Under the connection Information it says connected. I leave Network,,, than go back into network and my connection is gone. Did I get a bad Pineapple that I need to send back? Is there a trick with the Dip switch's? What do I do? Thank you for your help who ever you are that knows the answer and helps me.

- John -

Hello,,, I watched the new youtube video Tutorial- Unboxing and Upgrading WiFi Pineapple Mark V to learn how to set up my new Mark 5. I go into Network, than I go to client mode select my network put in the pass key and click connect to this network. Under the connection Information it says connected. This is where it starts to go wrong,,, when I leave the network screen and go to Wifi pineapple MK5, click on firmware upgrade, click check for upgrade and in red letters it says Error connecting. Please check your WiFi Pineapple's internet connection. When I go back into Network and click on client mode and look at the connection info at the bottom it says Not connected.. Refreshing in 10s. I figured my OS was the problem so I tried this on mac os x 10.6.8 and 10.9.5, and I also tried Windows 7 and I have the same problem on all three witch implies the Pineapple itself. What do I do? it doesn't keep my connection. Even just going into Network, than I go to client mode select my network put in the pass key and click connect to this network. Under the connection Information it says connected. I leave Network,,, than go back into network and my connection is gone. Did I get a bad Pineapple that I need to send back? Is there a trick with the Dip switch's? What do I do? Thank you for your help who ever you are that knows the answer and helps me.

- John -

I've done all my firmware updates in client mode since it was available. Make sure your wifi password doesn't have any spaces or funky characters in it. It's usually spaces that screw it up, my password has uppers numbers and special characters and it stays connected.

• 4 months later...

I have just unboxed mine and have the same problem. ver.1.2 and after starting to get any updates the pineapple stops spinning and says: connection error

I have tried your above fix, and the pineapple still will not connect. even after a factory reset.

doesen't work for me: Try following the Internet Connection Sharing for a wired network instead of client mode.

Please help.