What's the difference between twin and regular flash firmware?

AndreeU17

so I was having a bit of issue, I'm trying to figure out how to flash the USB but haven't had luck, now I come to the conclusion that there is this other firmware called Twin Firmware which in my opinion means we can run two payloads! Now if that's not true please tell me because I don't even know what the twin is, I read the post/thread n still couldn't figure it out! So what is it and what's it's benefit and how can I install it? Thanks !!!

Hey so here is the link to flash the ducky https://github.com/hak5darren/USB-Rubber-Ducky/wiki/Flashing-ducky . If you have any problems you could just reply to this post and I'll help you out. So basically the Twin duck firmware allows you to use the ducky as both a HID and a USB mass storage device. The only limit is that the inject.bin can only be up to 2kb but that isn't much of a problem since you could just put all of the work in an executable on the storage and run it from there.

Hey so here is the link to flash the ducky https://github.com/hak5darren/USB-Rubber-Ducky/wiki/Flashing-ducky . If you have any problems you could just reply to this post and I'll help you out. So basically the Twin duck firmware allows you to use the ducky as both a HID and a USB mass storage device. The only limit is that the inject.bin can only be up to 2kb but that isn't much of a problem since you could just put all of the work in an executable on the storage and run it from there.

Hey so i have a bit of an issue flashing the USB and how to make sure its flash correctly.

So i'm running a linux OS, Linux mint to be precise! I used the Ducky-Flasher to flash the ducky with the new twin Firmware.

i choose the original default version of the firmware which provides both the USB Mass Storage as well as the Ducky HID!

Anyways, after flashing it, how do i know its flashed with the specific firmware? It currently contains a inject.bin, its the one that the USB came with. So i connected it, and it shows a nice bright purple blueish LED, however, i dont know what the purpose of the DFU is and how i can make it DFU? Also after normally inserting the USB including the Micro on the USB, no Mass Storage appears!

I appreciate all the help!

EDIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT:::

I figured out how to work it out Thanks again for the help !

Edited by AndreeU17