[Suggestion] Commands for Dip Switches

BeNe

Hi there,

i was thinking about what i can do with the dip switches. For example enable PineAP, Harvester, Dogma, Beacon response and TCPDump on br-lan. But its not comfortable.

Won't it make sense to add an extra tap inside the special site (like the PineAP, Infusions etc.) that show the complete command for the dip ? Like a "Dip Command" tab.

So you can select the needed services and options and copy the full command to the dips. :smile:

A good example is the tcpdump infusion that show the command:

post-43674-0-23880600-1413747381_thumb.p

To make it round the command should be complete with path to the log file. So command1; comannd2; command3 can be copied to the dip commands and done!

Today i can enable the Autostart for Mk5Karma for example but not for the PineAP or other infusions.

I need to check it on the shell with top or ps how i can start the services.

What do you think ?

I like to keep one of my dip switch combos set to bring down both wireless interfaces. Started doing this while I was traveling a while back. Didn't want anything coming up unexpectedly while in a place that may frown on some of the things a pineapple can do, like an airport.

A lot of infusions can be controlled from the command line with the command "pineapple infusion [infusion_name]".

For example:

pineapple infusion smser
pineapple infusion datalocker
pineapple infusion evilportal

If you do "pineapple infusion list" then you can see a list of infusions that can be controlled from the cli

Thanks for this tip!

But it seems to me that only your Infusions are working with that cli ?!

root@Pineapple:~# ls -l /sd/infusions/
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:38 deauth
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 20 22:05 occupineapple
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 20 22:05 pineapplestats
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 19 22:21 sslsplit
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:21 sslstrip
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:38 tcpdump
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:38 urlsnarf
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 20 22:05 wps
root@Pineapple:~# pineapple infusion list
There are no infusions installed or no infusions have an executable version.
root@Pineapple:~# 

Thanks for this tip!

But it seems to me that only your Infusions are working with that cli ?!

root@Pineapple:~# ls -l /sd/infusions/
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:38 deauth
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 20 22:05 occupineapple
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 20 22:05 pineapplestats
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 19 22:21 sslsplit
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:21 sslstrip
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:38 tcpdump
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 15 20:38 urlsnarf
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      20            4096 Oct 20 22:05 wps
root@Pineapple:~# pineapple infusion list
There are no infusions installed or no infusions have an executable version.
root@Pineapple:~# 

Yes developers have to make it available to use in the CLI, however a lot of those infusions you have listed there are just front ends for a command line tool. tcpdump can be controlled from the cli with the tcpdump command same goes for urlsnarf, sslstrip, and sslsplit. And all of the other infusions also are just front ends for commands, some of them may even have bash scripts that you can run inside their infusion folder

For sure i can start them on the shell direct. But here comes the another problem in the game --> https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/33935-change-terminal-size/

I´m unable to see the complete command on the shell. Would be the easiest way to copy only the running command from ps for exmaple.

Otherwise i will do it on my own and create a shell script for every programm with the needed options.

But this is not so handy and clever...we are in the year 2014 :wink:

I definitely agree that it would be useful if developers put the command to start the infusion in the web interface or even if they made a "import to dip switch" button that does it automatically for you. This is kind of outside the scope of the firmware however and its a developer thing and its kind of hard to regulate devs who are just doing stuff voluntarily. In my next releases of my infusions I will put the commands to start them on the web interface, its not a top priority right now though so I wont be pushing updates to my infusions just for that feature instead it will come with the next update of my infusions (which there are a lot of updates currently in the oven that will be amazing when they are done)