How to upgrate firmware 2.0.4

entoni

If i do it through interface, my device just starts a lights red blue amber without stoping
And i need to reset factory firmware 1.0.2

Why this link doesn't work? http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/uploads/factory-2.0.2.bin

Follow these instructions to flash the WiFi Pineapple Mark V in offline mode.

Download the factory 2.0.2 image (MD5: d7ca069eaacfb86781da0aa27cea78bd)
With the WiFi Pineapple powered off, set the DIP switches to up, up, up, up, down (from left to right)
Connect the WiFi Pineapple via Ethernet cable to your computer and set your Ethernet interface to a static IP address of 192.168.1.2 / netmask 255.255.255.0
Power on the WiFi Pineapple. After 10 seconds you may browse to http://192.168.1.1
From the web interface upload the factory-2.0.2.bin file and wait for flashing to complete.
Finally set the DIP switches back to the default all-up configuration, ensure the SD card is inserted and powercycle the device.
You will now be running firmware version 2.0.2

Thank you for reply!

Did you ICS via WiFi or Ethernet ?

I would prefer Ethernet.

Well, I use Ethernet via 172....

In menu i chose update firmware - flash and process was started

After it i got non working device

Were i can take factory 2.0.2 image (MD5: d7ca069eaacfb86781da0aa27cea78bd) or look instruction about update

SSH into your pineapple "root@172.16.42.1" and then it will prompt you for your password. When you type it in you will not see any *'s or anything but when you hit enter (if you typed it right) youll be in

SSH into your pineapple "root@172.16.42.1" and then it will prompt you for your password. When you type it in you will not see any *'s or anything but when you hit enter (if you typed it right) youll be in

I puzzled, but i do:

1)Factory reset to 1.2.0 firmware

2)Set new password by http://172.16.42.1:1471/

Passswodr: 0000

3)Use Putty and try to set password 0000

and i got access denied!

login as: root

â–’root@172.16.42.1's password:

Access denied

Access denied

Access denied

Access denied

Wait a second, you're trying to update you pineapple, when you do it through the web interface you say the lights keep flashing. That is the expected result, that is your pineapple saying "hey the flash was successful". What you have to do next is just go to the web interface and follow the instructions there is nothing wrong with it