Setup help from 1.0 to 2.0

josealmeidajr

Alright so at the risk of sounding extremely newbie, here it goes.

After the 2.0 updates and the intro to PineAp I'm kind of lost on how the setup is suppose to be done.

Before said updates, i would run wlan0 as the AP, wlan1 as the client mode connection, and wlan2 to deauth. Now it is my understanding

that PineAp uses the wlan1, because every time I enable it, it disables wlan1. So what i do is I use wlan2 in client mode. So how would i

translate my earlier setup to the new update? I'd like to run PineAp, Deauth, and client mode. What is the best way to have that setup?

Also a bit unrelated, but every time i try to save a AP in the Blacklist on the Death v. 1.9 it saves it on the Whitelist.

Thank you.

Alright so at the risk of sounding extremely newbie, here it goes.

After the 2.0 updates and the intro to PineAp I'm kind of lost on how the setup is suppose to be done.

Before said updates, i would run wlan0 as the AP, wlan1 as the client mode connection, and wlan2 to deauth. Now it is my understanding

that PineAp uses the wlan1, because every time I enable it, it disables wlan1. So what i do is I use wlan2 in client mode. So how would i

translate my earlier setup to the new update? I'd like to run PineAp, Deauth, and client mode. What is the best way to have that setup?

Also a bit unrelated, but every time i try to save a AP in the Blacklist on the Death v. 1.9 it saves it on the Whitelist.

Thank you.

Hi Josealmeidajr,

• Wlan0 does what it did before.
  • Wlan1 is used for PineAP - It will bring down the wlan1 interface and create a mon0 interface.
  • Wlan2 (external device) can be used for clientmode like you used to use wlan1.
  • Mon0 (created by pineAP, if you are using it) can be used to deauth clients. Note though that this could conflict with PineAP. We will release an update that adds targeted deauth to PineAP too and will play nice.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne