Supported USB flash drives?

ctg78

Hey guys,

I picked up my Wifi Pineapple Mark V awhile ago but I can't seem to get passed the configuration of the USB storage. I've tried configuring 4 different USB flash drives all with different sizes and all different brands but for whatever reason I can't seem to get the any USB device show up.

Just curious if Mark V only supports certain USB flash drive manufactures?

I've gone through multiple threads covering this topic..Still no dice.

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25882

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/29244-trouble-getting-any-of-the-usbs-to-work-with-wifi-pineapple-mark-iv/

Thanks in advance.

Hey Darren, thanks and big fan!

I am just trying to get my Mark V to recognize the USB flash drive as extra store space so I can then load it up with tons of packages. Right now I can't do much until I can get more storage added to the device.

Is there an updated guide for the Mark V appliance?

Thanks again.

Hey Darren, thanks and big fan!

I am just trying to get my Mark V to recognize the USB flash drive as extra store space so I can then load it up with tons of packages. Right now I can't do much until I can get more storage added to the device.

Is there an updated guide for the Mark V appliance?

Thanks again.

That's what the microsd card is for! Most of the MK5 infusions are coded to work with internal flash, or the sd card, not a usb drive. I have a 16Gb card in mine now, and don't use a quarter of the space.

Hey Barry99705,

So I found a 2GB SD card and popped it into the Pineapple. I saw an option to format the SD card, which I clicked. However, maybe I am missing something but I don't seem to see the SD card mounted. Is there a trick to get this working?

oidfr6.png

Thanks in advanced Barry99705.

Hey Danixdefcon5

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I have power cycled the device a few time and didn't seem to make a difference. I am running firmware 2.0.3.

Wondering if perhaps I need to factory reset this thing..

Could be a bad card. I just dug around in my junk drawer and found the sd card that came with my pineapple. Threw it in and did the format thing and it showed right up, no reboot needed. Do you have an adapter you could use to put the card on your desktop/laptop to see if that sees it?

Hey Barry99705, thanks for looking into that. You were right! Perhaps it is a problem with the SD card. I popped in the original SD card and wouldn't you know it, it appears. :)

Now that I can load the Pineapple up, any good howto's on how to use it that you can recommend?

Thanks everyone for all your help. I really appreciate it.

29cnmdt.png