public adhoc welcome page

hi guys, I got a Mark V and I have connect it to a public adhoc which have a welcome page that I have to register my device(laptop, mobile etc, once I get connect it with it, how can I register the Mark V when it doesn't have a internet browser?

Thank you in advance Johny

One way to do it would be to use an SSH tunnel.

$ ssh -D 8888 user@pineapple

Leave that session open. Configure your browser to use localhost:8888 as a SOCKS proxy. Register with the welcome page (also known as a "captive portal" in the industry).

Edit: This obviously requires the use of a laptop, or another device that allows you to create SSH tunnels and browse through a proxy.

Edited by Sitwon

Connect your laptop to the Pineapples broadcasted Access Point, connect to the public adhoc network via Client Mode. Once connected leave everything the same and simply try to browse to a website on your laptop. This splash page will show up and you can then follow the process the captive portal requires.

One way to do it would be to use an SSH tunnel.

$ ssh -D 8888 user@pineapple

Leave that session open. Configure your browser to use localhost:8888 as a SOCKS proxy. Register with the welcome page (also known as a "captive portal" in the industry).

Edit: This obviously requires the use of a laptop, or another device that allows you to create SSH tunnels and browse through a proxy.

sorry Sitwon but I am so newbiee that i don't know how should i do this. i will appreciate if you get me a link for the instructions. thank you again

Connect your laptop to the Pineapples broadcasted Access Point, connect to the public adhoc network via Client Mode. Once connected leave everything the same and simply try to browse to a website on your laptop. This splash page will show up and you can then follow the process the captive portal requires.

do you mean to connect me pineapple with the ethernet and setup the client mote with the public wifi and go through to the welcome page?

• 4 weeks later...

sorry Sitwon but I am so newbiee that i don't know how should i do this. i will appreciate if you get me a link for the instructions. thank you again

You have a WiFi Pineapple Mark V. You also have a laptop, right?

Is your laptop connected to the Mark V?

What OS are you running on the laptop?

do you mean to connect me pineapple with the ethernet and setup the client mote with the public wifi and go through to the welcome page?

That would work but I didn't mention using the Ethernet cable... I said connect your laptop to the pineapples Access Point and try browsing to get the splash page. The wireless LANs wlan0 (Access Point) and wlan1 (Client Mode) are bridged (br-lan).