BackTrack 5 Prob!

Computer_Security

I just reinstalled BT5 on virtual box and I keep getting this message every-time I try to connect my alpha.........

Result Code:
E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
Component:
HostUSBDevice
Interface:
IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}
Callee:
IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}
It just won't let me connect it!!!! Can someone please help me its driving me nuts.
-Thanks

Yea ik but I can't get Kali to work for my life!!!!!! I would love to but every time I try It gives me some type of Kernal error and says its not compatible with my cpu and I just don't know what to do and the same thing happened when I tried to install BackBox. I wanted to see the OS. ughhhhhhh so if any one has any suggestions on how to fix either Backtrack or Kali Please tell me them!!!

-Thanks

Alpha AWUS036H

Edited by Computer_Security

Yea ik... I have installed BT5 before but I uninstalled it because I didn't like the settings and metasploit was screwed up so now I am trying to reinstall it and I did but the adapter wont work with BT5 could it possibly be that I installed BT5 as Ubuntu instead of debian?

-Thanks

Im trying to install Kali again and it seems to be working so idk......

But yea ill just try debian on BT5 and when it doesn't work ill just trash it and start ova and do you know why they got rid of BT5?

I mean I get that they could stop supporting it but to take down all the links and everything is just absurd!!!!!

And How different is Kali from BT5 because I just got really comfortable with it and ill be pissed if it is completely different you know?!?!?!

Thanks man you have been a real help and what I mean by Debian Backtrack5 is....

You know when you are prompted to select what type of operating system your VM is going to run well yea thats it.....

and I'll be sure to check out that link and I hope Kali works

and do you know any other really strong hacking programs like Backtrack or Kali???

-Thanks man

Ah, in the VM. It shouldn't matter honestly. Ubuntu is Debian based. Just make sure you pick the 64 bit if that's the ISO you downloaded. All that option does is pre-configure your VM settings for that machine to at least a default set that should work.

BT and Kali are not "hacking programs" but just operating systems with pre-loaded tools.

I'm sure there are others out there, but in my opinion, Kali is most popular.