Karma Behavior Change [Release v1.3.0]

Merlintime

I'm certainly appreciative of Hak5 for the aggressive update development for the Pineapple Mark V.

With the release of v1.3.0 I've noticed a change in the behavior of Karma since flashing the MK5 to v1.3.0. Previously when Karma would see probe requests for various APs and pretend to be that AP. Working as expected. When the Karma is stopped, the clients would disconnect.

Since loading v1.3.0, clients will remain connected to the despite having stopped Karma. Additionally, I noticed the Karma Intelligence Report tab does not show 'karma'ed' clients as connected (logs are showing clients as connected).

I've not tried re-flashing yet. Curious if anyone else has experienced this behavior when working with Karma since the release of v1.3.0?

Hey Merlintime,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I have pushed an update for the karma infusion to the WiFi Pineapple Bar already. This fixes the "Karma Intelligence Report" tab not showing the information correctly.

In regards to kicking off clients, that shouldn't have happened - and has never happened for me personally.

It is something we could do but never really considered.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hey Sebkinne,

Pulled down the update and the tab works perfectly! Thanks for the quick response.

With the Karma clients getting, I guess 'kicked' isn't really the proper way to explain it. Previously when I stopped Karma, the clients would disconnect. I assumed the clients disconnected since the faked AP no longer existed once Karma was stopped.

Should the client(s) remained connected once Karma has been turned off?

I updated 1.3.0 and then updated karma but my 'Karma Intelligence Report' is now not reporting anything like it did prior to the 1.3.0 update. Everything thing else in karma seems to be work though.

Make sure to update your Karma infusion using the WiFi Pineapple Bar.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Make sure to update your Karma infusion using the WiFi Pineapple Bar.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hello Seb, I did....right after the 1.3.0 update. Is there a way via the pineapple I can see what version of karma is running? As you know, I can see what versions of installed infusions via pineapple bar but karma is not listed there.