SDR AIS

I actualy saw a youtube video of a person who did just that. Im gonna have to watch his video again to gather a parts list. It looked simple but was wondering if there would be constant adjustment. Where the helix is omni directional.

I'm sure the signal that the DirecTV dish would pull in would be on the narrow side, still, it would be worth a shot if you've got an old dish just sitting around collecting dust.

I actualy saw a youtube video of a person who did just that. Im gonna have to watch his video again to gather a parts list. It looked simple but was wondering if there would be constant adjustment. Where the helix is omni directional.

I've never seen an helix omni antenna. They're usually very directional.

As it turns out I have a boat friend who showed me this exact system. It's really cool as it shows where boats have been, where they're heading and sometimes their payload.

The Hak5 studio is right on the SF Bay with everything from yachts to oil tankers going by.

I'm very eager to check this out. Please post links is anyone has resources for this.

Thanks!