sslstrip loop

haknakpdywak

A quick fix for the sslstrip is to turn on the 1 sec refresh and switch off the infusion as soon as anything comes in. Not a ideal solution at all compared to writing custom script for dnsspoof but it does allow user x through to the other side.

Edited by haknakpdywak

Honestly you've kind of lost me... You're talking about two different applications. By default sslstrip is supposed to collect the credential but allow the user into the site. If that is not working there is something wrong. So you're quick fix may work but it shoudln't be needed. And what do you mean "switch off the infusion" as soon as anything comes in? Hit the little x in the top left to close the sslstrip window? Or turn off sslstrip? (Fairly certain you mean the first one...) Either way I'm not tracking why you would need some sort of custom script with a completely different program to correct an sslstrip problem. Unless you are trying to use the redirect functions of dnsspoof to fix sslstrip.

Is it? Because it just reloads rather than allowing X through. By 'switching off' I meant turning off sslstip so that it would stop both the reload loop and capture. I was assuming that sslstrip was made to not redirect so the plan was to write a custom script in dnsspoof.

Edited by haknakpdywak

I don't know how to fix what you're seeing... There are several threads on sslstrip and some issues people have seen in the past. You might try installing the Strip and Inject infusion... Or removing and reinstalling or a factory reset or a firmware reflash. Just depends on what's broken and how badly you want it to work.