Karma/Mdk3 issues

polishdude311

First time poster here,

just got my first pineapple today! I was really excited to set it up but i didn't really have fun pen testing my own network. I run Mdk3 in the backround on the Pineapple mk V and also have karma waiting to connect possible clients. The thing is, im not really booting people off my own network and its a shitty wireless router that my ISP provided, and as for karma i got about 40 probe requests and not one association under the SSID "Free Google Fiber". Is there anything that im doing wrong here? If so please help me out!

Been loving the Hak5 show for quite some time!

Could I ask you why change the ssid to 'attwifi' is important? Thanks

P.S.

For the opener of the thread: which OS the macbook and the iPad have? I was not able to use succesfully Karma with my iOS7 iPad.

The "attwifi" SSID is the default SSID for Starbucks. Many people have connected to that in the past and it's almost certainly the most commonly connected open SSID.

Could I ask you why change the ssid to 'attwifi' is important? Thanks

P.S.

For the opener of the thread: which OS the macbook and the iPad have? I was not able to use succesfully Karma with my iOS7 iPad.

You need them to remember an open AP in order for karma to work. That's why its optimal for it to be in starbucks or mcdonalds where wifi is open.