Bully (reaver alternative) on the Mark V

C3PBRO

It's already been ported... I have a version I've been testing for a bit thanks to Garland and Sebkinne says they're working on an official one, but he can speak to how it's ranked on the overall schedule of projects to add to the pineapple. :)

Hey, I love reaver as much as the next guy but not as much on the pineapple.... Don't get me wrong it works and it works well but the pineapple just doesn't have the same kind of processing power as using a laptop dedicated to Kali or BackTrack. So script_kiddie if you are going to use the pineapple for reaver at least make sure you have a really hot signal from the AP by either boosting your signal or getting really close to it. That way the processing power the pineapple is dedicating to reaver isn't wasted on a low signal. Just my 2cents.

Reaver is a great feature on the pineapple but it's also standard implemented in Kali Linux and it works great and fast there for me.

On one of the routers i've <legitimately> tested the WPS pin was "12345670" !!

This resulted in cracking a WPA2 passphrase in about 5 seconds (just mentioning it's the first pin reaver tries but i was stunned anyway)

This was, by the way, on a bbox2 that was standard delivered from one of the biggest providers in Belgium, Belgacom.

I was happy to report this and seemed lot's of these AP's had the same pin. The B-support posted to work on this.

never tried bully and I am looking forward to test it on my pineapple so it would be nice if we were updated about this :-)

Always happy to test new programs as I will be making my final end-work about wireless security next year.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone know how it goes with bully?

http://www.qfpost.co...e/d?g=XkyilXLhw

After an "opkg install" you will find the binary in /usr/bin/

commands to make it run:

airmon-ng start wlan1
ifconfig wlan1 down
/usr/bin/bully -e whateverssid -F mon0
Credits to thesugarat and Garland for the .ipk
Edited by C3PBRO

• 3 weeks later...

But why is bully faster?

Can someone tell me the main differences between Reaver and Bully that affects operatingspeed?

Hard to tell without studying the source (https://github.com/bdpurcell/bully) but the author says the main differences with Reaver are:

It has several advantages over the original reaver code. These include fewer dependencies, improved memory and cpu performance, correct handling of endianness, and a more robust set of options. It runs on Linux, and was specifically developed to run on embedded Linux systems (OpenWrt, etc) regardless of architecture.

Edited by Sailor

Hey, I love reaver as much as the next guy but not as much on the pineapple.... Don't get me wrong it works and it works well but the pineapple just doesn't have the same kind of processing power as using a laptop dedicated to Kali or BackTrack. So script_kiddie if you are going to use the pineapple for reaver at least make sure you have a really hot signal from the AP by either boosting your signal or getting really close to it. That way the processing power the pineapple is dedicating to reaver isn't wasted on a low signal. Just my 2cents.

This is very true.

I've been testing out Bully on several networks. The only downside I can see is that it doesn't seem to realise when WPS isn't enabled and just constantly spams the AP with pin attempts. Although it's pretty obvious when you see the same pin tried over and over again, that it isn't gonna work, it would be nice if it would stop itself, LOL

I've used Reaver for a long time and it's one of my main go-to tools for hacking wifi AP's.
I haven't used Bully that much, but it seemed to me that it was "better" in some ways. I still do use Reaver a lot though :)

I Also recently installed RfA (Reaver for Android) Only works on phones with the BCM4329/4330 chipset. A little buggy, but works alright.

Mind you, Bully has just been updated. And I'm hoping for a Android port! :)