Get Wifi

L3arn3r

4+ Miles shoot thats going to be hard without a strong antenna and a clear view over looking the 4+ miles. You'd be able to do that easy if The World Trade Center was still up in New York City but if you're signal has to go thru alot of stuff like houses and walls and trees its going to be tough.

4+ Miles shoot thats going to be hard without a strong antenna and a clear view over looking the 4+ miles. You'd be able to do that easy if The World Trade Center was still up in New York City but if you're signal has to go thru alot of stuff like houses and walls and trees its going to be tough.

what would you suggest about strong antenna?

Kindly try to post any strong antenna name if you know about it.

Edited by L3arn3r

Unless you know what the hell you're doing, which you obviously don't, you're not going to get this kind of link working. You're going to need two high power directional antennas, with a clear line of sight, which oddly enough doesn't mean just because you can see the other end means it will work. http://ruralwi-fi.com/2011/01/point-to-point-links/ I've helped set up several long distance(14 miles) point to point connections. All were mounted on rooftops, or towers, or towers that were on rooftops. They all had 3 foot or larger dish antennas. Now, if you really want to try this, ubiquity has some pretty nice point to point radios that I've used in the past 3 or 4 months for point to point. Nothing this long though, but they should be able to do it. They also have the ability to adjust the transmit power, put your location's power limit into them! Nothing like getting a knock on the door by your local regulatory guys about out of spec wireless gear to ruin your day.

Geez Barry clam down hes trying to learn and find out information and you gotta run him down man.

@L3arn3r If you are any good at soldering you can hunt around you're area for Satellite Dishes that people toss out.

Find you're self a USB dongle that works with Monitor Mode and Injection and solder a wire on the USB Dongle's Antenna's and then solder the wires to the Dish you gotta really try from trial and error and gotta be kinda good with modding but something like that would possibly help.

Their might be some guides on google try maybe searching for like...

How to build a WiFi biquad dish antenna

http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/15/how-to-build-a-wifi-biquad-dish-antenna/
Edited by ZaraByte

No guys! it can be more huge stuff and my grandpa will never allow me to do this sort of stuff.

As far as i already know the idea of "engadget.com" is good but the same issue is huge "DISH"

What i am looking for is simple WIFI like "AWUS036N" because it is small and as from my room window the "whole view (more than 4+ miles)" is clear, no house or no tallest buildings.

So if you are sure about any small wifi USB to get maximum range then kindly let me know.

Edited by L3arn3r

EDIT: Searching ebay i came across this http://www.ebay.com/itm/170909379937

Might help you a little bit maybe up to a couple blocks if your lucky

------

I don't honestly don't have an answer for you. I gave you the only advice i know for being able to pick up signals from that far away. I'm not even sure if using a booster would help.

Edited by ZaraByte

EDIT: Searching ebay i came across this http://www.ebay.com/itm/170909379937

Might help you a little bit maybe up to a couple blocks if your lucky

------

I don't honestly don't have an answer for you. I gave you the only advice i know for being able to pick up signals from that far away. I'm not even sure if using a booster would help.

Sorry again for noobish question!

It's with a "Coaxial cable" and i just know about USB/RJ45 so How we can setup this Antenna?

Edited by L3arn3r