Australian power

Lord_humungus

g'day, As a newbi, I was wondering am I going to have any trouble with power in Australia when I get my pineapple recharger, I'm getting the short case and charger. Many thanks

The WiFi Pineapple Mark V ship with an international power supply. The Mark V will be provided with 12V DC from the AC adapter configurable for UK, EU, US and AU markets.

The Pineapple Juice battery packs also provide the Mark V with 12V DC, however their charger is an AC adapter configured for the US and will require an adapter for other markets.

In the future we may have these adapters as part of the kit depending on the ordering country.

The WiFi Pineapple Mark V ship with an international power supply. The Mark V will be provided with 12V DC from the AC adapter configurable for UK, EU, US and AU markets.

The Pineapple Juice battery packs also provide the Mark V with 12V DC, however their charger is an AC adapter configured for the US and will require an adapter for other markets.

In the future we may have these adapters as part of the kit depending on the ordering country.

Couldn't the same AC adapter that is used to power the Pineapple be used to charge the Pineapple Juice battery pack? Given that it's supplying 12v DC anyways?

Couldn't the same AC adapter that is used to power the Pineapple be used to charge the Pineapple Juice battery pack? Given that it's supplying 12v DC anyways?

Hacker answer: Yes*

Guy who sells lithium based battery packs to an international audience answer: The charger that comes with the pineapple juice is special in that it will perform a 2-phase smart charge where it goes full on for the first 90% then slowly trickles the rest...

*don't set fire to your house by doing this**

**No, seriously.

Ok, I figured the charge logic circuit would have been built into the battery not the adapter.....as usually the adapters are just transformers spitting out transformed voltage i.e 110v - 240v transformed -> 12v at the current rate drawn by the device (i.e 5 amps) and that is why you have a label on the adapter specifying exactly the volts and amps output of the transformer and it usually doesn't vary?!?!?!?

So this special variable current transformer, does it at least support 240v in? This way with a pin adapter or bending of pins we can fit in Australian wall points. Most transformers nowadays support 110v - 240v input because it is more efficient to create a coil that handles both then it is two create separate adaptors, just like the Pineapple power pack which obviously supports multi-volts.

Or .... ignore me I spose .... can someone post a picture of that white sticker on the power adapter of the "Pineapple Juice" so this answer can be clarified please, I have a hunch that the adapter will be global voltage ready anyway, and a picture of the voltage rating sticker will confirm/deny this thanks!

Edited by Le Ghosty