Pineapple Flashing Problems!

DarkByD3sign

Hi all,

So I bought a Alfa AP121U router from Amazon with the intention of turning it into a Hak5 Pineapple.

I'm currently trying to flash the router but I'm running into a few hurdles at the Putty stage. I should menion that I am using a TTL-UART adapter to flash with.

When I connect up the pineapple with my computer and run putty, once entering the power plug I see giberish fly over the screen, as below:

o2s4.jpg

I believe my connections to be correct and have included images of those too, as below:

Edited by Mr-Protocol
Removed the huge images, one was blurry and practically worthless.

The settings are correct and I already reviewed the guide, which is why I was posting on here!

Your settings are most likely correct, but can you post a screenshot of them anyhow. It is very difficult to help someone troubleshoot an issue with responses like these.

Other things to consider:

• Correct cable or pinout?
  • Try swapping the transmit (TX) and recieve (RX) pins...
  • Flow control settings are a high possibility to be the culprit
  • Alfa AP121U may have different settings from manufacturer... (different from the Pineapple)

Had the same problems, but contrary to the instructions, I plugged in the V+ wire (homebrew well designed/isolated serial interface..it references the client/host voltage...which I could post here, if that's allowed).

It worked like a dream after that.

Not saying to do that ( you might want to check your interface output VS board pin voltage)..not responsible for my idiot comments/frying your board {use a zener?}.. ;-)

Had the same problems, but contrary to the instructions, I plugged in the V+ wire (homebrew well designed/isolated serial interface..it references the client/host voltage...which I could post here, if that's allowed).

It worked like a dream after that.

Not saying to do that ( you might want to check your interface output VS board pin voltage)..not responsible for my idiot comments/frying your board {use a zener?}.. ;-)

I think it all depends on the manufacturer of the UART. This is why I just use the Alfa Console board and call it done. The Alfa board needs the voltage to power the circuit because it's native serial connection to the computer. Some adapters may power from the USB, others may need external. I also have 2 USB ones i just recently received that I have yet to test. But I think it's better to play it safe with the "Dont use VCC" and if you feel to roll the dice and hook it up, I didn't tell you to. :D See how that works lol. I will be at DerbyCon 2013 with my UART gear, so if anyone needs a flash or a password reset, find me, and bring a beer lol.